• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Official Memo 12/8: F-150 Lightning Reservations Now Closed, Order Banks Open January, Production Begins Spring, Not All Reservations Will Be MY2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
At least to me, the Build and Price is more important than order banks opening up. It would be nice to see all options and configurations prior to.
Agreed. If production starts in the spring, I don't care WHEN they start taking orders. Tomorrow? OK. January? OK. March? Fine. But I want to have spent WAY too much time agonizing over the Build and Price by the time I have to actually decide haha
Sponsored

Last edited:

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I know at some point in the past there was a communication that said you'd have time to make a build before the order banks opened. If they open in January, I wonder when the build tool will be available.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Well at least we know there is some movement. Anyone with a Mach-E, can you chime in if this also happened with that reservation?
MME was different. There really was nothing to configure at order time. All possible configuration choices (trim, color, battery, number of motors) were made at reservation time. Also total number of MME reservations didn't exceed several years of production, so there were no waves. I don't think they shut down reservations prior to order conversions, but not 100% sure.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
Originally, Ford stated they received 22,000 reservations the first day. But what is their definition of “first day“?Was it all reservations to midnight on May 19th, not withstanding time zone differences, or is it first 24 hours reservation page opened? I am midway in first 24 hour range.

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I know at some point in the past there was a communication that said you'd have time to make a build before the order banks opened. If they open in January, I wonder when the build tool will be available.
Hopefully that means we'll get the build tool soon, especially since they pulled reservations. Ideally in the next week or two.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Originally, Ford stated they received 22,000 reservations the first day. But what is their definition of “first day“?Was it all reservations to midnight on May 19th, not withstanding time zone differences, or is it first 24 hours reservation page opened? I am midway in first 24 hour range.
Jim Farley said "20,000 reservations already, 12 hours after the reveal" on CNBC the morning after the reveal.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Hopefully that means we'll get the build tool soon, especially since they pulled reservations. Ideally in the next week or two.
This makes sense to me. They would still meet their Fall 2021 deadline with the Build and Price. I believe you can Build/Price and then send your configuration to your dealer. This would then be entered by the dealer once order banks open.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I noticed last night the Lightning shows up on the Ford Build and Price page. Clicking it just leads to an access denied page, but I dont remember it being there before.
Good catch! The E-transit and 2022 Bronco leads to a configurator, but not the Lightning. More evidence that we may actually see it very soon!

Ford F-150 Lightning Official Memo 12/8: F-150 Lightning Reservations Now Closed, Order Banks Open January, Production Begins Spring, Not All Reservations Will Be MY2022 1638988942887

Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
If they're doing it in waves, my guess is only reservation holders will be able to order in the first one, then they might open it up for the following waves.
Makes sense. Remember some dealerships probably made reservations also… so there will be some of these on dealer lots just like the Bronco. They may be marked up…

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Good catch! The E-transit and 2022 Bronco leads to a configurator, but not the Lightning. More evidence that we may actually see it very soon!

1638988942887.png
It's gotta be coming really soon... or they'll remove the link. I doubt they would they put the link there and have it go to an Access Denied page for long.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Status
Not open for further replies.