• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I don't think anyone saw this and posted it yet, but I thought it was the most I've seen a Lighting that was leveled/raised with different tires, go into a real off-road situation with other lifted trucks.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Very entertaining video and it was great watching the Lightning off the pavement.. The aftermarket will make this Truck more capable .

RickKeen

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L SR Pro
Occupation
sw engineering manager,
So the biggest knock is that the stock suspension designed for mostly on-road usage is not as well setup for off-road usage in terms of ground clearance and dampening the big bumps? Kind of a "no duh" kind of review.
The running boards seemed out of place doing the off-roading.
I was surprised not to hear any comments about the independent rear suspension being a good thing.
One of the concerns that came to me watching the water crossings was the potential to damage the dynamic front air dam mechanism by hitting the water too fast. Or does the truck just retract the air dam when in off-road mode?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
One of the concerns that came to me watching the water crossings was the potential to damage the dynamic front air dam mechanism by hitting the water too fast. Or does the truck just retract the air dam when in off-road mode?
Air dam only deploys above a certain speed. No one should hit water going that fast.

Sponsored

Ajjra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat
Anyone know the wheels/tires and lift kit?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Loved the video however, I wouldn’t trade the range or road manners for occasional off-roading. If you are an avid off-roader, an R1T (or an S with a tire inside or in the back) makes more sense than modifying a Lightening with longer wheelbase. All that said, it was cool to see.

Greased Lightning! ⚡️

First Name
Mex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT, 2019 Land Rover Discovery HSE
Occupation
El Jefe

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
I didn’t like the way they bad mouthed EVs for off-roading in the video. The problems they had related to charging appeared to be more about poor planning and lack of charging experience than actual problems with the F150L. They need to understand that in a few years they will all be driving EVs and they better learn how get EVs to work for what they want to do with them.
Sponsored