• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Onboard F-150 Lightning videos showing impressive acceleration. ?

First video shows the speedometer clearly so you can time how long it takes from 0-60mph.

Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
I counted 7 seconds
Very unscientifically I count 5.

He also seemed to let up as he got closer because he didn’t fly passed 60, he kinda leveled out a little over that.
Ford F-150 Lightning Onboard F-150 Lightning acceleration videos show impressive 0-60 ? CBB04263-D271-4E0C-93A9-466C2FF46B12

Ford F-150 Lightning Onboard F-150 Lightning acceleration videos show impressive 0-60 ? B7ADE3D5-B084-42DC-B34E-469ADE17F070

jaykoolzboy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai Ioniq&Kona, Honda FCV
Occupation
IT Consultant
just pure speculation based on other EV's end results.

SR -- 0 - 60 anywhere from 5.3S to 5.8S

ER -- 0 - 60 anywhere from 4.2S to 4.7S

ICE 2022 Raptor Reference 0 - 60 in 5.1s - 5.2s

Real world MPG 12 - 13

It's not going to be anything close to Tesla MX, Hummer EV or Quad Motor Rivian , but that's exactly the reason why F150 L was built in the first place.

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
4.2-4.7 is blazing fast for a 3 ton truck mind you. as well that all wheel traction

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Top one looks pretty quick, especially for an SR (Reddit user pointed out there's no Sunroof, but a Lariat ER should have one) and there being 4 adults in it.

I'm still thinking SR is nearly identical to ER up to ~60mph.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I put a stopwatch on the video and get ~4.5s.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
From this, I think it is pretty clear that the SR hits it's acceleration wall at around 50 mph. If true, the wall for the ER should be around 65 (based on HP ratio).

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
4.5 - 5s? Fast either way!

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Absolutely LOVE IT!

As a Mach-E driver, one thing I can say is that the first time you experience the raw power of an EV is all it takes to see the big picture of why ICE is going away.

The G-Force is shocking for everyone, and I can only wonder how getting the same performance in a truck that size will impact the industry.

For me, the speed is just the icing on a very large cake of benefits. ICE cars are complex beasts with countless components that break down and are becoming harder and harder to fix and maintain. EVs eliminate most of them and that's super important to me.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
For me, the speed is just the icing on a very large cake of benefits. ICE cars are complex beasts with countless components that break down and are becoming harder and harder to fix and maintain. EVs eliminate most of them and that's super important to me.
Some EVs may be, but certainly not all. I think we need to differentiate EV and a connected car as well. Simple motors + battery vehicles reduce a lot of complexity compared to say an engine, trans, diff, etc. But something like a Tesla, adds all that complexity back in other forms. I've replaced cameras, main computers, screens, door motors, sensors galore.

Then there's the tires. Due to the added torque, added weight, and admittedly the WEEEEE factor, we go through tires at a much more frequent rate. On average I'm buying a new set of tires every 1-2 years. That's an additional $1000-$3000 (depending where you source your tires) of expense and easily eliminates and savings from eliminating oil changes.

This isn't meant to bad mouth it, but the savings here aren't as big as one might think.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
+1 to that. If manufacturers continue to fight right to repair, troubleshooting and fixing those components is effectively impossible. Tesla is so bad about this I am abandoning the brand.

What the videos don't quite convey is just how instantaneous the power can be at all times. It's one thing to have a torquey large displacement motor, but you still have to wait for the throttle to open and the motor to start sucking in air at full capacity before you actually make power - and that's if you're in the right gear. A single speed EV like crazy at any speed with no need to downshift since there is only one gear ratio.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Absolutely LOVE IT!

As a Mach-E driver, one thing I can say is that the first time you experience the raw power of an EV is all it takes to see the big picture of why ICE is going away.

The G-Force is shocking for everyone, and I can only wonder how getting the same performance in a truck that size will impact the industry.

I was late to the f150 Lightning game. I really didn't show much interest until I saw some early reviews/first look video last June and decided to reserve "just in case". I don't need a truck..for me its a "nice to have".

Then I rode in an f150 at one of the outreach events late last summer. From that moment I was hooked. Once you ride in one you'll understand. The whole time I'm at the event either watching the truck or riding in one I'm thinking "no way a truck this large should move this fast".

The instantaneous acceleration is amazing...mind boggling.
Sponsored