• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

One pedal driving with the brake and 2nd row seats reclining

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I am used to Tesla one pedal driving and it is pretty smooth. When vehicle stops completely, the brake applies.

Lightning is a great EV, but still need some improvement. When the truck is nearly but not completely stopped, the brake would apply so there would be some hiccup. That's not a big issue if it only causes not so comfortable feeling in every traffic light or stop sign, the real problem is for very slow or stop and go traffic. The physical brake keep applying and releasing, which makes me feel uncomfortable. It is just not smooth enough. I am not sure if others have the same feeling.

Also the second row seats are NOT adjustable. I prefer to move seats forward a bit and recline the back. Right now I feel the ample 2nd row legroom is wasted.

The 8 speakers on Lariat (ER) sounds horrible to me, not much better than a cheap boom box, even a 20k Prius Prime sounds better. Ford, please put better speakers on a $88k truck!

The leather trimmed seats look pretty cheap at first sight, but they sit very comfortable and feels pretty good. After a week, I am used to its feeling.
Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I am used to Tesla one pedal driving and it is pretty smooth. When vehicle stops completely, the brake applies.

Lightning is a great EV, but still need some improvement. When the truck is nearly but not completely stopped, the brake would apply so there would be some hiccup. That's not a big issue if it only causes not so comfortable feeling in every traffic light or stop sign, the real problem is for very slow or stop and go traffic. The physical brake keep applying and releasing, which makes me feel uncomfortable. It is just not smooth enough. I am not sure if others have the same feeling.

Also the second row seats are NOT adjustable. I prefer to move seats forward a bit and recline the back. Right now I feel the ample 2nd row legroom is wasted.

The 8 speakers on Lariat (ER) sounds horrible to me, not much better than a cheap boom box, even a 20k Prius Prime sounds better. Ford, please put better speakers on a $88k truck!

The leather trimmed seats look pretty cheap at first sight, but they sit very comfortable and feels pretty good. After a week, I am used to its feeling.
On the B&O sound system, I think it sounds great. Are you listening to XM radio? They compress there music and it sounds awful for sure. I stream from my YouTube audio paid account with full streaming quality selected.
Also I have a USB stick plugged in and it sounds great, it play flac files which is the highest quality you can get.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
The one pedal driving to me is the same as it was on my Model 3.

As far a reclinable second row, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Truck with such feature, maybe the Rivian R1T might be a better fit for you?

Yes, the stereo system is trash. It would be nice if someone made a YT video to trash the stereo system and then have Ford contact them lol

bewbie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER Rapid Red

As far a reclinable second row, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Truck with such feature, maybe the Rivian R1T might be a better fit for you?

Yes, the stereo system is trash. It would be nice if someone made a YT video to trash the stereo system and then have Ford contact them lol
my current 2019 ram1500 Laramie edition gives the back row some recline. Not flat back my any means but just enough to make it way more comfortable.

OP
OP
Roy2001

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
my current 2019 ram1500 Laramie edition gives the back row some recline. Not flat back my any means but just enough to make it way more comfortable.
RAM truck is beautiful and stylish, it is also more comfortable. But I heard quality is not so good.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma

If I remember correctly 2007 through 2013 tundra crewmax had sliding and reclining rear seats. I almost got one in 2011, but picked a ford instead. The interior of the ram is probably much better the 10 year old tundra.
Sponsored