• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ongoing Subscriptions after 1st moth ownership. Sirius, Ford Connected etc.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I'm quickly approaching my 1st month of ownership and starting to have Sirius XM blowing up my phone and emails about Ford Connected Services. What's everyone paying for vs letting it expire? I haven't answered the phone yet from Sirius because I despise sales pitches over the phone. My last new car purchase Sirius didn't shut off my trial service for almost 2 years. Will not doing the Ford Connected thing impact my ability to get OTA updates or is home wifi and streaming via my cell phone good enough? Just looking for other owners experiences on what they are doing and paying for.
Sponsored

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
I have had my truck since August. I renewed Sirius to the Music & Entertainment plan. The truck trial is the most expensive plan.

I renewed Ford Connect. It’s $10.00 a month and I have a fully integrated Alexa house, so from the truck I am able to control lights, thermostats, garage door and a bunch of other stuff. (Yes I am aware I can just use the Alexa app on my iPhone, but I find the simplicity of not having to open the app on my phone is worth the 120 per year).

If I did not have an Alexa integrated house I am not sure I would have kept Ford Connect.

Also, note that not having Ford Connect will NOT impact your use of the Ford App or OTA updates.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
If I did not have an Alexa integrated house I am not sure I would have kept Ford Connect.
Mine works and I am not paying for Ford Connect or whatever the hotspot service is called. I didn't renew any of the subscriptions. Sirius/XM is heating my house with $5/month US Mail offers that I'm really not interested in. I've had Alexa in the truck since August.

Reactions: GDN

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yet, you don't need to pay for Ford Connect. That's for a hotspot only.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
Mine works and I am not paying for Ford Connect or whatever the hotspot service is called. I didn't renew any of the subscriptions. Sirius/XM is heating my house with $5/month US Mail offers that I'm really not interested in. I've had Alexa in the truck since August.
Clearly I should be more precise

Alexa Built in included for 3 years from date of delivery.

Ford Streaming is free for 1 month. 10.00 a month after.

Ford streaming allows you to use Alexa Built in without a phone. I never seemed to get Sync to use my phone as the cellular network.

Wifi Hotspot is useless as the plan package is more expensive than standalone cellular hotspots or hotspot packages with your phone.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Clearly I should be more precise

Alexa Built in included for 3 years from date of delivery.

Ford Streaming is free for 1 month. 10.00 a month after.

Ford streaming allows you to use Alexa Built in without a phone. I never seemed to get Sync to use my phone as the cellular network.

Wifi Hotspot is useless as the plan package is more expensive than standalone cellular hotspots or hotspot packages with your phone.
As stated prior, this is incorrect. Ford Streaming is specifically for using Alexa Built-In to listen to Amazon Music, Spotify, etc, get flash briefings, play podcasts, etc. It does NOT impact you use of Alexa to say, turn on your lights at home. That's part of the Alexa features that you get free for 3 years.

Access to Alexa requires an Amazon account, SYNC 4®, FordPass Connect, and complimentary Connected Service activated through the FordPass App (see FordPass Terms for details). Eligible 2022 Ford vehicles receive three years of access to Alexa Built-in and 30-days of complimentary streaming media services that begin on the new vehicle warranty start date, after which fees apply.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Ford Streaming is specifically for using Alexa Built-In to listen to Amazon Music, Spotify, etc, get flash briefings, play podcasts, etc.
heh, I didn't even know that was a thing. 😏
I just use it to turn stuff on and off with Smart Life

OP
OP
JPro

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I'm not sure who to talk to in this truck??? Alexa, Siri or Hey Ford! Although Siri's usual response is that she can't do that while I'm driving...

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
As stated prior, this is incorrect. Ford Streaming is specifically for using Alexa Built-In to listen to Amazon Music, Spotify, etc, get flash briefings, play podcasts, etc. It does NOT impact you use of Alexa to say, turn on your lights at home. That's part of the Alexa features that you get free for 3 years.

Access to Alexa requires an Amazon account, SYNC 4®, FordPass Connect, and complimentary Connected Service activated through the FordPass App (see FordPass Terms for details). Eligible 2022 Ford vehicles receive three years of access to Alexa Built-in and 30-days of complimentary streaming media services that begin on the new vehicle warranty start date, after which fees apply.
Thank you. When my service expired I tried commands such as “what is the weather” “what is the date” and would get a response “connected features not available signup for … to access”

I assumed this impacted IFTTT and other routines.

Last edited:

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I have not renewed any of the subscriptions, but plan to sign up for the Sirius XM before the $5.00 per month offer expires. While I don't need the Sirius XM in the DC area, when I travel out of the area - it is nice to have.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
If, for some reason, you feel you want Sirius but don't want to pay them full price, your best bet is to let it expire, let your offer expire, and just wait a bit. Over the next few months they will inundate you with offers via e-mail, piles of junk mail, gorilla-grams (not really)... each at lower and lower prices. On my other car the lowest I've seen is $35.99 for a year. (still not worth it IMO)
Sponsored