• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PAAK how to provide access for Valet or Service Department?

LightningMcqueen

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineer
I have 10K miles and had driven all the way to Ford dealer (45min) and then realized I don't have a key to give them.

What are others doing? is there some kind of trick?
Sponsored

WileyKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 F-150 Lightning
I bought a faraday pouch so I can keep my fob in the truck. That way if something happens to my phone I can get in the truck wit the keypad and go.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
I’ve used the valet code at two different locations (a collision repair center—yeah someone ran into my truck about a month after I got it. Guy claimed he couldn’t hear it! Also at a Ford dealer for the 10k service). I had to show them how to use the code both times. I gave them verbal instructions and the code and then waited. In both cases they entered the code wrong enough times to trigger a 5 minute lock out. After generating a second valet code and waiting the 5 minutes and showing them the process, it worked. Once they saw it, I believe that individual would be able to successfully use the code. However, I don’t have a lot of confidence that the instructions for using the code would get passed on to whoever needed to use it. So, for the two week repair, I created a screen lock valet code and just gave them the key FOB. It is a cool system, but so unusual that most people fail to be able to use it correctly on the first try. The Ford dealer service personnel kept apologizing and were clearly embarrassed that they had no idea how this valet code worked, but we worked through it together and they actually gave me the 10k service for free because I helped them learn about the truck!
Sponsored