• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Parallel Parking feature is way better now!

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Many of you have probably used this, but I actually only used it for the 1st time successfully this weekend. I tried it once back in ~July, and it scared the crap out of me (it was travelling REALLY quite fast toward the car behind me), so I braked and finished the parking myself. I'd done a 'back into spot' with it once, and it had a hard time as well, requiring a couple of forward/backward cycles.

This weekend when I tried the parallel parking bit, it did a nice tapering of speed when approaching the cars in front and back, which made me MUCH more comfortable to let it finish.

My only complaint, is it ends up about 8 inches from the curb. WIth how wide it is on city streets, the closer to the curb, the better. I wish we could adjust how close it was going to try to get.
Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I've always hated parking in NYC, so I jumped at a chance to try it in 2018 and that fast speed was all it took for me to decide to never try it again.

I saw a great YouTube video comparing a bunch of self-parking cars and Ford was the clear winner, but when I got my Mach-E I still was still scared to use it because of the speed.

For what it's worth, I'm still not thrilled with parking in New York City, but the 360 cameras make a big difference.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I've always hated parking in NYC, so I jumped at a chance to try it in 2018 and that fast speed was all it took for me to decide to never try it again.

I saw a great YouTube video comparing a bunch of self-parking cars and Ford was the clear winner, but when I got my Mach-E I still was still scared to use it because of the speed.

For what it's worth, I'm still not thrilled with parking in New York City, but the 360 cameras make a big difference.
Nothing stopping you from riding the brake pedal while it executes.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Nothing stopping you from riding the brake pedal while it executes.
In the end Ford made the choice for me by not including auto-park in my $64K XLT (but it was in my $49K Mach-E). Perhaps I'll give it another try when the T3 comes out.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
I've yet to try it.

May give it a test run this weekend.
Sponsored