• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Parking sensor fault?

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Was changing lanes on the interstate in stop-and-go traffic yesterday when the truck suddenly displayed the autopark screen - for about 1 second - and then threw up "parking sensor fault" on the gauge cluster until dismissed with the OK button.

When I got to my destination, shifting into Reverse gave warnings that auto brake was not active, and the parking sensors did appear to be dead.

Just applied the over the air update for the recall (finally!) earlier in the day, but I suspect that's a coincidence.

Is it likely I can clear this myself somehow, or is it time for a trip to the dealership?
Sponsored

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
I would disconnect the 12 volt battery.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
It will probably clear after an overnight sleep.

kskaplan25

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Nissan Leaf SV, GMC Yukon Denali
Was changing lanes on the interstate in stop-and-go traffic yesterday when the truck suddenly displayed the autopark screen - for about 1 second - and then threw up "parking sensor fault" on the gauge cluster until dismissed with the OK button.

When I got to my destination, shifting into Reverse gave warnings that auto brake was not active, and the parking sensors did appear to be dead.

Just applied the over the air update for the recall (finally!) earlier in the day, but I suspect that's a coincidence.

Is it likely I can clear this myself somehow, or is it time for a trip to the dealership?
Hi! We just took delivery of our truck a few days ago and my husband started experiencing this same issue yesterday. It has continued. Did you get it checked out by the dealer or were you able to fix it yourself? Did you figure out why it was happening? Trying to decide if this is a call to the dealer for service or not. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

OP
OP

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Went away on its own and never came back...

Sponsored

Saul Goodman

First Name
Saul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Formerly Mach-E FE, 2022 F150L Lariat in transit
Same for me. Started Saturday with front sensors being iced over (or so I thought) now it’s rear reverse sensors not available and side sensors randomly showing red when I’m feet away from anything. Now wondering if it was the new volume knob update, which I got Friday night.

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
I get the parking sensor failure almost daily since parking in my garage is a tight fit. I believe it thinks that the parking sensor is covered with something. It only happens when I get close to the front of the garage. I probably have about 4-6 inches on two sides (front and right side) of the truck. SO my question is, "How close were you to those people in traffic"? ;)
Sponsored