• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

People don’t seem to care…

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I was in Dorney Park in PA this past weekend, and there was a large Ford Transit parked next to my truck. They parked so close to my truck that I have no idea even how the driver got out. Possibly due to that, I believe they put a slight dent under the fake charging port. Again, it’s very slight, but like anything else even if no one knows it’s there, I will. I have no way to prove that it was them or if it came that way from the factory.

Also, on top of my front truck, there was some remanence of food that someone put there.

I wish I could have parked in a remote area, but that is almost a impossibly.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SmoothJ

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Keep a set of traffic cones in the frunk. Use them to block adjacent spaces when parking.
Good idea, but you can’t do that in the parking lot of this amusement park.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Good idea, but you can’t do that in the parking lot of this amusement park.
Have you tried? It's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

Even if you placed the cones right next to the truck on the edges of your space so that they act as a physical barrier (doors will swing into the cones vs your truck). Do the running boards stuck out far enough to protect from door dings (like proper rock sliders)?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
Do the running boards stuck out far enough to protect from door dings (like proper rock sliders)?
Unlikely, depending on the other vehicle’s height. A low vehicle may catch the boards, a taller one with doors at all convex will likely hit at the “high” point before the board touches.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I was in Dorney Park in PA this past weekend, and there was a large Ford Transit parked next to my truck. They parked so close to my truck that I have no idea even how the driver got out. Possibly due to that, I believe they put a slight dent under the fake charging port. Again, it’s very slight, but like anything else even if no one knows it’s there, I will. I have no way to prove that it was them or if it came that way from the factory.

Also, on top of my front truck, there was some remanence of food that someone put there.

I wish I could have parked in a remote area, but that is almost a impossibly.
Went to the movies yesterday, parked rows away from anyone in a corner space. Came out 2 1/2 hours later and a crappy car was parked next to us.

Yes, people don't give a crap.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I wish every vehicle had sentry mode and built in dash cam like Tesla.
Yes!
I want that feature!

I keep seeing Teslas in "record mode" clearly visible on the infotainment screens.

Rob G

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GV60 Sport, Bronco BL Sasquatch, Taycan 4S
Occupation
Retired
It’s annoying. I’m overly considerate of other peoples stuff (cars in this case) but most people don’t car if they ding your car or bump it parking.
Sponsored