• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Expedition MAX KR, 2022 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Business Consultant
I got this message in my FordPass app today…

Ford F-150 Lightning Phone As A Key (PAAK) Delayed Until Summer 2022 For F150 Lightning 632DC24A-3138-4ABC-B268-75709264CB86
Sponsored

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
That's disappointing. I noticed the mache had a bunch of Paak issues. Was hoping it would be fixed in the Lightning. Guess their fix is to not have it enabled. Going to have to get used to carrying a key again.

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
What trims get PAAK feature? I have a Lariat SR and I seem to recall that I don't get this feature, which leads me to believe it's only Lariat 511A and Platinum that have it, is that correct?

Reactions: GDN

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
That's a bummer, I love that feature in my wife's Mach E. They better give us 2 keys now. The Mach E only came with 1 because of PAAK.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That's a bummer, I love that feature in my wife's Mach E. They better give us 2 keys now. The Mach E only came with 1 because of PAAK.
Later Mach-e deliveries got 2 keys because of all the PAAK issues.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Later Mach-e deliveries got 2 keys because of all the PAAK issues.
That's what I get for getting one of the first deliveries.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
What trims get PAAK feature? I have a Lariat SR and I seem to recall that I don't get this feature, which leads me to believe it's only Lariat 511A and Platinum that have it, is that correct?
Yes, it's included with the 511A package in the Lariat and standard in the Platinum.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
The PAAK option is too buggy for me, so I still carry the key fob.

One factor is your phone's privacy settings and your battery saving features. Your FordPASS App needs to be installed, logged in, and technically, always running in the background.

From time to time my phone would say something like "FordPASS is requesting Location Services... yada yada... do you want to change it to Only when using the App?" Or "Your battery is low, would you like to enable Power Savings Mode?"

If you rely on FordPASS to open and drive your car, it might as well ask "Do you want to turn off Phone as a Key?"

They only give you one key fob with the Mach-e, but I think they should give you two, if nothing else as a backup in case you lose one.

For what it's worth, I'm comfortable carrying the fob... most of the time, but when I'm at the beach or kayaking, I don't want to risk losing my fob, so what I've always done prior to the days of fobs was lock my keys in my center console, then opened the doors with the number pad.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can do that now that there's no physical key because it probably wouldn't lock the doors if you left the key fob inside.

I think the most reliable way to go keyless is simply using the number pad to open the door, then enter the password on the screen to start the truck.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I'm no luddite, but I haven't wanted to use my phone as a key as a primary means of getting into my car.

When approaching my car with things to load in it, I will often reach into my pocket and trigger the front or rear trunk, usually without even taking it out of my pocket. If I only have my phone, I have to get it out, unlock it, launch the app, navigate to the controls menu, and then tap the appropriate side of the car to open the right hatch. That's not convenient even at the best of times.

It's nice that my phone offers all the functionality of a physical key fob when I've left my key in the house occasionally (and I have taken advantage of that a few times) but it isn't how I want to roll day to day.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
As a future XLT SR owner, PAAK might be my most missed feature. You don't realize how archaic something is, until the new better thing arrives. When I rent a car and it has a physical key I need to use, it feels like I've been handed a rotary phone or need to get up and spin a dial to change my TV channel. Hopefully they figure this out soon for those who paid for the feature.

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
I'm full time PaaK on my Mach-E, with the exception of having to leave the car running without me or having to valet (because valet drivers are too stupid to follow basic instructions in my experience), and having to carry a fob again, especially the big-ass Lightning one, is going to make me very sad indeed.
Sponsored