• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Did you get a letter as referenced in the update?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Dang I was enjoying being the first to report a SW update - LOL. Maybe it'll come along later today. Was there a different PU version number referened? I see PU-929, but that doesn't fit the current numbering scheme of the PowerUp updates.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
XLT guys don't get this right? Thought I read it was higher end trims only

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Dang I was enjoying being the first to report a SW update - LOL. Maybe it'll come along later today. Was there a different PU version number referened? I see PU-929, but that doesn't fit the current numbering scheme of the PowerUp updates.
I don't find another Powerup update referenced, but if my memory serves me correct the tire pressure system "recall" didn't correspond to the regular numbering system. I'm thinking the numbering scheme might be "2.5.+" for updates everyone gets and this different scheme for updates that only affect specific vehicles. Purely speculating here..

Also, I haven't been able to complete the PAAK update.. Truck is updated , but the PAAK fails at the final "connecting bluetooth" screen . I'll post a screen cap from my phone. I've done all the usual stuff. Uninstall app, reset phone, reset truck, etc. . I then spent the past 80 minutes on the phone with someone from the Fordpass team. No resolution yet, but I have a shiny new case number!

I'm sure it will work out.

=================
See update in post 9

Last edited by a moderator:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Looking forward to trying this out!!!

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
If this doesnt work A LOT better than it on the Mustang Mach-E, I'll never use it. I only use it on the Mach-E because it came with only 1 Key Fob, and in the first few months I used the passcode more than the PaaK.

PaaK has improved since we first got the Mach-E, but I bet it still doesnt work the majority of the time until I switch back to my Mach-E in the phone app and relaunch.

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update - Now works perfectly . I watched all the mme videos and I did two things (not sure if either one matters ). . I named my key something other than the default choice which was “iPhone” and I went to settings / reset /fordpass app/ reset phone as a key ( I never checked out reset before , who would have thought the reset tree would be so deep ) . Works amazingly so far .. @TaxmanHog , if you want to clean up this thread by deleting some of the stuff above , that would be great !

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
9/19 build no paak. I hope I get this update 😂

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

Brandonhatch

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Update - Now works perfectly . I watched all the mme videos and I did two things (not sure if either one matters ). . I named my key something other than the default choice which was “iPhone” and I went to settings / reset /fordpass app/ reset phone as a key ( I never checked out reset before , who would have thought the reset tree would be so deep ) . Works amazingly so far .. @TaxmanHog , if you want to clean up this thread by deleting some of the stuff above , that would be great !
What videos did you watch? Do you have the links handy?

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Got mine, today! :cool:

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What videos did you watch? Do you have the links handy?
I just searched YouTube for PAAK and watched this one to reset

And then this one

Neither was incredibly detailed , but the first made me look into the reset menu tree

In retrospect I wonder if it had something to do with me running the update and then trying to do everything immediately , I’m thinking it might have had something to do with ford servers still updating. Hopefully I’m an outlier . So far it works like magic . Hat tip to @Ford Motor Company for coming through.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN