• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
My OTA has arrived, installing it now......

I won't be able to configure anything until my Ford Pass account is unlocked, hopefully by noon Wednesday I can give it a whirl.
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I received the update last night and PAAK setup worked smoothly.

Now give me dog mode!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
If this doesnt work A LOT better than it on the Mustang Mach-E, I'll never use it. I only use it on the Mach-E because it came with only 1 Key Fob, and in the first few months I used the passcode more than the PaaK.

PaaK has improved since we first got the Mach-E, but I bet it still doesnt work the majority of the time until I switch back to my Mach-E in the phone app and relaunch.
I do use it on the Lightning...but last year I stopped using it on the Mach-E because it was a frikin' nuisance. It does work pretty well on the Lightning though but I probably won't set it back up on the Mach-E now that I have a key fob that will open my frunk. Plus, I don't want to have my phone and walk within 35 feet of both the car and the truck and have the welcome lights come on for both of them *every* *single* *time*. Having just the Lightning do that is enough. That reminds me I need to turn that off in the settings. :unsure:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I do use it on the Lightning...but last year I stopped using it on the Mach-E because it was a frikin' nuisance. It does work pretty well on the Lightning though but I probably won't set it back up on the Mach-E now that I have a key fob that will open my frunk. Plus, I don't want to have my phone and walk within 35 feet of both the car and the truck and have the welcome lights come on for both of them *every* *single* *time*. Having just the Lightning do that is enough. That reminds me I need to turn that off in the settings. :unsure:
Yeah, i just turned off the welcome lights in the settings this week. I like it in concept but it was becoming too much of a nuisance. If the distance for activation was much smaller, like 5-10 feet, i would leave it on. Mine would come on whenever i used the kitchen sink with my key in my pocket. My parking spot is *just* close enough to activate it. And i have a big picture window right over the sink so i got to see it light up every time. 🤦🏽‍♂️

Reactions: GDN

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development

I won't be able to configure anything until my Ford Pass account is unlocked, hopefully by noon Wednesday I can give it a whirl.
Nice! I hope mine comes soon!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
For those with PAAK working, have you set up 2 phones? Is the truck good at knowing which phone opens the drivers side door to choose the Proper recall?

Have you tested the starting with a passcode? No fob nor phone. Use door keypad to unlock and 8 digit code on screen to start?

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
For those with PAAK working, have you set up 2 phones? Is the truck good at knowing which phone opens the drivers side door to choose the Proper recall?

Have you tested the starting with a passcode? No fob nor phone. Use door keypad to unlock and 8 digit code on screen to start?
I do have two phones connected but only one for PAAK. I have tested the PAAK and the passcode without the phone and key, and it worked fine. 09/01 blend

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE

I have this setup in the Mach-E sort of...I do not have PAAK setup on the Mach-E, but both my phone and the wife's phone will ring and can be answered in the car. (in fact neither of us has PAAK setup for the car). I haven't tried to make a call yet but I don't think it would be a challenge.

I can only assume it works the same way in the Lightning, but I'm the only one that drives that and usually don't have a passenger. ( I don't take hostages in the truck 🤣 )

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
Stuck on 3.5.2 on my Lightning that was 6/13 build week. No PAAK, despite the promise of late summer. I guess that's OK, because PAAK on my MME only worked about 75% of the time.

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
I'm stuck also and haven't received the update.

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22

@taxman you dirty bast@#d. still waiting-truck parked out there just asking for the update.
I know, no rhyme or reason to rollout.
sorry you are still dealing with app lockout.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
@taxman you dirty bast@#d. still waiting-truck parked out there just asking for the update.
I know, no rhyme or reason to rollout.
sorry you are still dealing with app lockout.
What’s more annoying is have a sept build truck and paak isn’t working and I don’t see the update.

klossfam

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat & 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Got the PaaK OTA last night. June 7 delivery, so have had my truck for almost 9,500 miles. PaaK works good. Nice integration with the FordPass app. Works perfect so far. Wish it had the Walk Away Locking like the Mach-E. I loved Walk Away Lock on my past Honda Ridgeline(s).

I'm used to my wife's Ioniq 5 with the Hyundai Digital Key. Separate app, have to open it, have to put the phone in the wireless charger to turn on car. Not seemless at all and have to go into the app to lock and unlock. So Hyundai's is more for emergencies or moving the car in the driveway vs the Ford's which is fully useable like Tesla, etc.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Got the PaaK OTA last night. June 7 delivery, so have had my truck for almost 9,500 miles. PaaK works good. Nice integration with the FordPass app. Works perfect so far. Wish it had the Walk Away Locking like the Mach-E. I loved Walk Away Lock on my past Honda Ridgeline(s).

I'm used to my wife's Ioniq 5 with the Hyundai Digital Key. Separate app, have to open it, have to put the phone in the wireless charger to turn on car. Not seemless at all and have to go into the app to lock and unlock. So Hyundai's is more for emergencies or moving the car in the driveway vs the Ford's which is fully useable like Tesla, etc.
So walk away lock is NOT part of the deal? That is what makes this all worth it. I mean I'd prefer not to carry my fob, but truly I love getting out and walking away and not having to dig for the fob.

One note and the reason I lock from the fob, I believe the alarm is not set/activated when locking with the button on the door.

Citizen0

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Anti-Matter Blue
Occupation
CTO
Early July delivery still waiting for PAAK too. I've got where I hate stuff in my pockets (yes yes, I know my phone will be in my pocket but that gets plopped on a wireless charger at work and home). SO ready for this update and hopefully a pet mode!
Sponsored