• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
This strikes me as a color that's hard to photograph. I originally wanted this color but it looked like plain silver in too many pics. Maybe it looks more blue in person but in photos it seems you need to get it at exactly the right angle for the blue to come out. It will be interesting to see if that's what it's like in person.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
LOVE this color!

Looks unique in the sunlight and still avoids that dirt magnet look with darker colors.

I am getting that color if I get an invite....

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
LOVE this color!

Looks unique in the sunlight and still avoids that dirt magnet look with darker colors.

I am getting that color if I get an invite....
I am starting to lean this way, though I still wish it was more blue. I had been leaning towards Rapid Red, but given I just picked up a Ruby Red Raptor to hold me over, I am not sure I want two back to back trucks that are effectively the same color.

I am going to reach to my dealer to give me a call if they get anything in this color in stock.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
I am starting to lean this way, though I still wish it was more blue. I had been leaning towards Rapid Red, but given I just picked up a Ruby Red Raptor to hold me over, I am not sure I want two back to back trucks that are effectively the same color.

I am going to reach to my dealer to give me a call if they get anything in this color in stock.
How does the red look after a week in dust / dirt cover ?

I have always gotten white or silver to prevent dirt from showing but this color is very unique - silvery blue which is unusual for a truck....

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
How does the red look after a week in dust / dirt cover ?

I have always gotten white or silver to prevent dirt from showing but this color is very unique - silvery blue which is unusual for a truck....
I am in upstate NY, so the roads (and truck) are covered in dirty salt. Winter is winter and you just have to roll with it. I don't have a picture of mine, but this gives you an idea. Takes about 1 mile of driving to do this.

https://i.redd.it/9bp9guvjb4401.jpg

RudeLightning

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Lightning Platinum, 22' Bronco Badlands
I like the way this color pops in the sunlight and has that metalic depth, although in the shade it tends to view a little flat.

Still my first color choice, looking forward to seeing it in person

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
91' Skyline GTR Sold, 16' Shelby GT350 Sold
Occupation
U.S. Navy IT
This is awesome. Any chance of high quality photos like this of the Lightning in Carbonized Gray? The photos I've seen on this forum that popped up when I searched were not as detailed as these that were posted above.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I am in upstate NY, so the roads (and truck) are covered in dirty salt. Winter is winter and you just have to roll with it. I don't have a picture of mine, but this gives you an idea. Takes about 1 mile of driving to do this.

Yikes! We sometimes end up with some of y’alls used trucks down here in Mississippi. Always totally rusted out around fenders and floorboards….now I know why!

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yikes! We sometimes end up with some of y’alls used trucks down here in Mississippi. Always totally rusted out around fenders and floorboards….now I know why!
They don't call it the rustbelt up here for nothing......

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yup, one of the reasons I was so happy that Ford went with aluminum body panels. Helps to minimize the rust.

The good news is that if it stays below freezing there really isn't much rust. The issue is when it hovers above and below the freezing point, letting the water work it's way into everywhere, thawing and then refreezing.

Villageidit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500, 2008 Honda Element,
Occupation
Retired

I spent 13 years in the Thousand Islands area. I'm familiar with that look.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yup, one of the reasons I was so happy that Ford went with aluminum body panels. Helps to minimize the rust.

The good news is that if it stays below freezing there really isn't much rust. The issue is when it hovers above and below the freezing point, letting the water work it's way into everywhere, thawing and then refreezing.
That is a good thing then that aluminum doesn't rust as readily as steel !

I have never lived outside California so seeing how salt and winter weather can affect cars is new to me.

No wonder they offer the underbody rust thru warranty on new cars that I never had to worry about!

DadBald

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Honda Odyssey, 2013 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Energy Engineer
Iced Blue Silver (as well as Iconic Silver) look way better on the Mach E than they do on the Lightning, IMO. The curved body and styling really show off the depth of the paint and metallic effect. The Lightning is just too flat all around - they really removed a lot of the styling from the ICE F-150, like the hood and the fenders, that enhanced a color like this. They're still good colors, but I think they look much better on something with more contours and curves like the Mach E.

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
Ive ordered iconic silver. I want one of the lighter colors. I would have preferred the flat tans or flat grey/ whites. Pretty much eliminated each color and ended up with just plane old silver.
Sponsored