• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
Did you get a spray in bedliner? I didn't.
Yes .. I did and it is really nice. I thought that makes the wait longer?
Sponsored

GingerBear85

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER - Stone Metallic
Occupation
Construction
Check your sticker. Ford deleted it and showed a $650 credit on the sticker. I don't think it can be added. The Big Blue robot you often see hovering over the bed in the factory pictures is the scale calibrator. I guess it lost its job.
I didn’t realize I had been duped into an electric truck with what I consider the most important range calculating device removed until I was home looking for it after I got home from the dealer. It still annoys me every time that I put weight in the bed! I have yet to tow anything but am considering a Weight Safe hitch to at least try and compensate for the loss of the smart hitch. @Ford Motor Company really pulled a slick one when you had to click the check mark to remove the scales when every other check mark was selecting an additional option to be installed on the truck. It’s something I won’t forget the next time I buy a vehicle! 😡

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I didn’t realize I had been duped into an electric truck with what I consider the most important range calculating device removed until I was home looking for it after I got home from the dealer. It still annoys me every time that I put weight in the bed! I have yet to tow anything but am considering a Weight Safe hitch to at least try and compensate for the loss of the smart hitch. @Ford Motor Company really pulled a slick one when you had to click the check mark to remove the scales when every other check mark was selecting an additional option to be installed on the truck. It’s something I won’t forget the next time I buy a vehicle! 😡
I don't know if anyone has figured out how much of the system is or isn't installed on the vehicle. Looking at posts on the ice forum it didn't seem likely that it can be added after, but I don't think anyone has really dug into it for the lightning

OP
OP
USA EV

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
If it makes you feel any better it wasn't optional. It was a forced removal. Dealer couldn't submit the order without this removal. No removal, no truck.

Also at least this way Ford doesn't know how many times you've overloaded your truck... 😀

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Yes .. I did and it is really nice. I thought that makes the wait longer?
Mine was also built on 2/5 but sent over to get a spray in bedliner, and I'm still waiting. tracer still show "in production 2/5" Don't know what happened but I am still without a truck.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Mine was also built on 2/5 but sent over to get a spray in bedliner, and I'm still waiting. tracer still show "in production 2/5" Don't know what happened but I am still without a truck.
I'm in the same status and I don't have the bedliner. At this point, I'm kinda ok if it doesnt show up till Aug/Sept because I can sort of some things and probably pay for the truck in full by then.

OP
OP
USA EV

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also, FWIW weight doesn't impact range nearly as much as aerodynamics, assuming fairly level travel.

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Damn it, I had 30 bags of mulch and ten 2x4x8's in my bed this weekend and didn't take a picture. I'll need more next weekend or the weekend after, so I'll be sure to snap a picture.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Electric, 2017 FFE, 2020 KiaNiroEV
Damn it, I had 30 bags of mulch and ten 2x4x8's in my bed this weekend and didn't take a picture. I'll need more next weekend or the weekend after, so I'll be sure to snap a picture.
Home Depot has a sale on garden soil so I loaded up with 72 bags! I had the box with the bed cover in the back so I had to put some in the frunk. The guy helping me was shocked when I told him there was more room in the front and then I popped the hood. The look on his face was hilarious. I am glad that the Lightning looks like a regular F150 to most people. I feel like I have a secret hiding place :LOL:

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_0309

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_0310

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Home Depot has a sale on garden soil so I loaded up with 72 bags! I had the box with the bed cover in the back so I had to put some in the frunk. The guy helping me was shocked when I told him there was more room in the front and then I popped the hood. The look on his face was hilarious. I am glad that the Lightning looks like a regular F150 to most people. I feel like I have a secret hiding place :LOL:

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg
There’s a few ways to do this soil hauling thing! My dad and I are working on planting more grass at my new house. 1.25 acres, we did half last year. More in process this year. He has extra topsoil from a construction project. Using his dump trailer I pushed “sparky” pretty hard today!!!

- 4 yards per trip (~8500. Lbs)
- 6 trips
- 20 mile round trip (120 miles total, 1/2 fully loaded, 1/2 empty)
- averaged between 1.1 and 1.2 mostly at 60mph
- temps in the mid to high 80’s
- started at ~85% finished at 10%, with a brief mid day 30 minute charge session on my 80 amp FCSP which luckily reached far enough out my garage that I did not have to disconnect the trailer on my way thru the driveway into the back yard.
- my dad has an e-torque 5.7 ram he loves and raves about how it tows, but he is not an ev believer so he was doubting the Lightning’s capabilities but it handled it with no problem, but as we all know towing just eats the kilowatts like PAC Man so he was giving me a hard time about that.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_1755

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_1751

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_1746

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_1748

Sponsored
OP
OP
USA EV

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
An 86" sofa fits, no problem...
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 20230602_194030

A used pedal boat was a bit tighter...
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 20230603_153814

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There’s a few ways to do this soil hauling thing! My dad and I are working on planting more grass at my new house. 1.25 acres, we did half last year. More in process this year. He has extra topsoil from a construction project. Using his dump trailer I pushed “sparky” pretty hard today!!!

- 4 yards per trip (~8500. Lbs)
- 6 trips
- 20 mile round trip (120 miles total, 1/2 fully loaded, 1/2 empty)
- temps in the mid to high 80’s
- started at ~85% finished at 10%, with a brief mid day 30 minute charge session on my 80 amp FCSP which luckily reached far enough out my garage that I did not have to disconnect the trailer on my way thru the driveway into the back yard.
- my dad has an e-torque 5.7 ram he loves and raves about how it tows, but he is not an ev believer so he was doubting the Lightning’s capabilities but it handled it with no problem, but as we all know towing just eats the kilowatts like PAC Man so he was giving me a hard time about that.

IMG_1755.jpeg

IMG_1751.jpeg

IMG_1746.jpeg

IMG_1748.jpeg
Got the dirt spread, seeded and straw down today, could really use some rain though! The sprinklers are struggling to keep up with this rare early summer dry spell we got working in the upper midwest right now.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_1768

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 IMG_1763

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
So if you are paying $0.10/kWh = 1.1mi/kWh, and the Ram 5.7 e-torque gets 15? mpg doing the same towing, with gas at $3/gal, you are getting 33 equivalent-mpg. That has to count for some ++++s on your side, right?

OP
OP
USA EV

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Towing a cute little electric airport baggage Tug. Dirth of real rapid chargers in Northern Indiana made for a late night.

1.3 mi/KWH on average at 55 MPH and below.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Got Any? 📸 20230604_231719

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So if you are paying $0.10/kWh = 1.1mi/kWh, and the Ram 5.7 e-torque gets 15? mpg doing the same towing, with gas at $3/gal, you are getting 33 equivalent-mpg. That has to count for some ++++s on your side, right?
Yep, your numbers are probably even a little conservative since I pay $0.07/kWh (night and weekends) and his e-torque is probably a little under 15 while towing. So definitely a win in the cost per miles.

That said he is looking at it from a perspective of someone that works his trucks hard and since it cant go all day without a significant interruption it's not a "real truck". In my case the missing part of the equation to make all day towing for this job attainable was a nearby 150kW charger which are non existent in my area. Even the closest Tesla Supercharger would have been a 1.5 hour delay to detour and charge.
Sponsored