• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Poll - If you have your charge station pro installed is it working correctly ?

If your charge station pro is installed are you able to charge at 80 amps without errors ?

• Total voters

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
For anyone who has the charge station pro completely installed and synced with the ford pass app , are you able to reliably charge without getting errors in the ford pass message center? ( please check FordPass message center before answering because you can get errors there and still have your truck charge properly) .
Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I mentioned this in reply to your post in the other thread. Truck charges at 80A just fine when using a Tesla gen 2 HPWC + 80A TeslaTap, so it proves the truck can handle it without errors. I'm still awaiting my CSP. (I didn't vote in the poll above, because I don't have it yet.)

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Following this thread...

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I mentioned this in reply to your post in the other thread. Truck charges at 80A just fine when using a Tesla gen 2 HPWC + 80A TeslaTap, so it proves the truck can handle it without errors. I'm still awaiting my CSP. (I didn't vote in the poll above, because I don't have it yet.)
Before I had the CSP installed , i reliably charged using 350kwh dc Chargers and had a charging curve similar to out of spec Kyle where below 50% I’d hit 170kwh on the charger . I’ve had no issues with any ac or dc chargers except for the CSP

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Before I had the CSP installed , i reliably charged using 350kwh dc Chargers and had a charging curve similar to out of spec Kyle where below 50% I’d hit 170kwh on the charger . I’ve had no issues with any ac or dc chargers except for the CSP
DCFC is different because it doesn't use the onboard chargers that AC does. But in AC mode, the truck's charger seems to work fine at 80A so it's likely to be a CSP issue.

Sponsored

Paulightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Cobra, 1995 Bronco, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I finally thought I had it connected, but it won't add the charger in Fordpass now. It says "ChargePoint not Found" when I hit Next in the "Add your station in Fordpass" section that shows your station ID and password.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
If having charger set at 80 amps on dial (position 7) and delivering 78 amps per my clamp meter counts as working, then yes.

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If having charger set at 80 amps on dial (position 7) and delivering 78 amps per my clamp meter counts as working, then yes.
Do you have your lightning yet ? Are you able to connect to the ford pass app ?

RainorshinePNW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, black/black
I can charge but unable to connect to it from ford pass app
And you're set to 80 on the dial? Have you tried observing it for 5-10 min while charging? If you're having the same issues many of us are, you can watch the trip and reset happen on the FCSP- it'll blink with just the amber light after a trip, to then go back to blue and start charging again

Sponsored

Paulightning

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Cobra, 1995 Bronco, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
And you're set to 80 on the dial? Have you tried observing it for 5-10 min while charging? If you're having the same issues many of us are, you can watch the trip and reset happen on the FCSP- it'll blink with just the amber light after a trip, to then go back to blue and start charging again
Exactly what mine did on 80 amps. I dialed back to position 6 for 64 amps on the dial inside the charger and it's worked without tripping, but I can't get it to connect to Fordpass.

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
I can charge but unable to connect to it from ford pass app
I had to complete a factory reset of the FCSP a couple of times to get it to connect to Ford Pass using the Charge Station Pro Installation app. The Siemens and Ford folks helped. The big take-away was to 'reset' and wait 3-5 minutes after the white reset light turns blue. Once connected to the Station ID it will pulse white until connected to your wifi and then back to blue. If it doesn't take, start over.

Here is the response from Siemens:

----------------------
  1. When the unit is powered on, the unit takes between 3-5 minutes to initialize and bring up the Web Server that the app interacts with. Any attempts to see the unit in the users wifi settings on their phone will be unsuccessful. Please check to ensure that the user is waiting long enough connect to the unit.
  2. If the user sees the unit as broadcasting its SN in their phone wifi settings and is able to connect to it via the wifi password labeled on the unit, the web server may still be initializing and the app may show an “unable to connect” screen. Ensure that the user is attempting to configure the unit only after they have given 3-5 minutes to boot up.
  3. If the user has connected the unit to their home access network in the past, the unit will not see the unit broadcasting it’s serial number in their wifi settings on their phone. The user will have to connect to the same access network that they configured the unit to in order to access the unit’s settings. This can be done by connecting to the same wifi access network that the unit was configured to and then going to “Station Settings” on the app. The unit should be visible in the list of chargers on the very next screen. We must know if the unit has been attempted to connect to the users access network.
  4. If the above steps are tried and the problem persists, the user can factory reset the unit by holding down the red button in the upper left of the PCBA for 10s then waiting 3-5 mins from the white reset light going off
--------------------

OP
OP
ChrisCon

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes and yes. I can connect through Ford Pass directly or connect through Ford Pass as called from FCS app.

I've read your tests now. I've noticed that you said you were going to derate the charger. Have you run a test where you've tried to charge at 80 for an entire charge session and not had any alerts on the Ford Pass app or amber lights on the charger?

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
Works, yes. It has been hot lately and the FCSP was faulting due to overheating. I scaled it back from 80A to 48A in the app and have not had an overheat alert since. The lights pulse blue with solid amber indicating the reduced rate.
Sponsored