• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Poll: Lightning Pro is sold out. Does it change your order plans?

The Lightning Pro is sold out and you received your order invite. What will you do?

• I wanted a Pro but I will order a higher trim.

• I wanted a Pro and I will NOT order any other trim.

• I wanted a Pro and I will defer my order to MY2023.

• I never wanted a Pro and I plan to order a higher trim.

• I'm not sure.

• I don't know what the Lightning is. How did I get here?

Results are only viewable after voting.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Curious about what people will do with their present or future order invites now that the Pro is sold out. I'm aiming for a Lariat ER if I ever get an invite and will probably not be ordering another trim if the Lariat ER sells out.
Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
I'd have bought whatever was available outside of the Platinum. I don't believe an invite will be coming my way despite being one of the first reservations. How did I get here, I guess?

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I wanted Pro.

0% chance I'd order any other trim. I'm not paying $13k for painted bumpers and a downgrade (to me) to cloth seats. And I'm not paying $75k for an XLT. If I'm spending that much, I'd buy a base Taycan.

So, I'll defer because... why not? But the chance of me actually buying a Lightning went from basically 100% to something much lower because there will be more EVs on the horizon by the time I'd get one and probably a lower tax credit, too. We'll see!

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
I don't believe an invite will be coming my way despite being one of the first reservations.
In the same boat as you. Ordered 20 minutes after reservation bank opened on 5/19. In retrospect, I should have reserved at the smallest dealer in my area to improve my odds of a wave 1 invite or made a reservation in a ZEV state.

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I wanted an XLT ER but the price was crazy high, then i wanted a pro but those are sold out. Now i think I’ll wait dor the silverado or a Rivian R1T.
Yep, I think I’ll finally reserve the Canoo and the chance I wait for the Cybertruck just got much higher.

And all the jokes about how long it will take fall flat now that the Pro could be sold out for years at this rate. I’d have to be an idiot to think that there’s no way they screw Pro buyers over again next year if they wait.

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
I think the order conversion rate is going to pretty low after this wave, especially when the XLT SR sells out.

I think a lot of people pulled in by the prospect of a $40K truck are not going to be willing to take a $36K leap to the XLT ER.

Probably portends a fairly large rebalancing call after Wave 6.

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Pro -> XLT SR.

if you are honest with yourself and realize the pro never truly was an option; then the XLT SR becomes the best value. 53k - $7.5k tax incentive.

They included far too much in the pro, which then broke all of the other value props for the higher trims. Very poor marketing. And don’t even get me started on $20,000 for 70 extra miles in an ER…

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Pro -> XLT SR.

if you are honest with yourself and realize the pro never truly was an option; then the XLT SR becomes the best value. 53k - $7.5k tax incentive.

They included far too much in the pro, which then broke all of the other value props for the higher trims. Very poor marketing. And don’t even get me started on $20,000 for 70 extra miles in an ER…
Well said!

Same here, if I can get a 2022 and take the $7500 tax credit, then I'd opt to upgrade to an XLT SR.

But if I can't get a 2022 MY to take advantage of the tax credit, then I shall wait for the 2023 Pro.

No hurries - have lots of options. Wife wants another PHEV (BMW X5) this year as our 2018 PHEV has less than a year left for carpool / HOV single occupant exemption in CA....

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Pro -> XLT SR.

You're exactly right.

The Pro was an insane deal. The XLT SR is still a very good deal, it just looks awful compared to the Pro. $13k for like $3k worth of upgrades.

So, on principle, I'm not buying one.

And furthermore, the XLT SR is almost certainly going to be sold out soon, too, from people going from Pro->XLT SR.

So, it will be a moot point anyway, soon.

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Well said!

Same here, if I can get a 2022 and take the $7500 tax credit, then I'd opt to upgrade to an XLT SR.

But if I can't get a 2022 MY to take advantage of the tax credit, then I shall wait for the 2023 Pro.

No hurries - have lots of options. Wife wants another PHEV (BMW X5) this year as our 2018 PHEV has less than a year left for carpool / HOV single occupant exemption in CA....
What happens when the 2023 Pro is sold out wave 1 with only 500 made and or they increase the base price next year? Would you consider going to the XLT+ if your were able to order a 2022?

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
If I was getting the Lightning only for myself then I would have wanted the Pro model. But I am hoping my wife will drive it too. The only way I was going to get her to drive it regularly was to get the XLT with power seats and power adjustable pedals.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3! (F-150 Lightning soon)
Wanted a Pro. Willing to get an XLT SR as long as its during the full tax credit. Otherwise I'll find something else or wait longer. Even XLT SR has me slightly bitter. The package/trim/pricing scheme by Ford has me remembering why I don't buy Detroit autos.
Sponsored