• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Poor fit with panel between bumper and frunk (Lariat ER)

Rekoil

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Carbon Lariat ER
Occupation
Basket Weaving
I noticed yesterday (for the first time...) that the alignment/fit on the panel between the frunk and the bumper seems WAY off. Not sure if its the fender panels that are misaligned or the piece running horizontal between the two. Driver side seems "pushed in" a bit, while passenger side is "bumped out".

Is anyone else seeing this or having this issue? Reached out to the dealer to have repaired. I can't UNSEE it now :( Red circles passenger side, yellow circles driver side.

Ford F-150 Lightning Poor fit with panel between bumper and frunk (Lariat ER) Inkedfront panel driver
Ford F-150 Lightning Poor fit with panel between bumper and frunk (Lariat ER) Inkedfront panel driver 2
Ford F-150 Lightning Poor fit with panel between bumper and frunk (Lariat ER) Inkedfront panel passenger 2
Ford F-150 Lightning Poor fit with panel between bumper and frunk (Lariat ER) Inked front panel passenger
Sponsored

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Had that exact issue on the passenger side as well. Brought it to my dealers attention, they ordered a new brace and replaced it. Said it was “warped” from the factory. Hit up your Dealer. 🤙🏼

TheJackel2013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Mine was even worse. I removed the piece halfway, on the passenger side (2 screws in the fender) and noticed it wasn’t seating on the clips properly. I reset it and now it’s better than your pics but still not perfect. But good enough for me.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Mine is about as bad as yours, once I can get it into the dealer, its on my list of things to fix!

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
I noticed yesterday (for the first time...) that the alignment/fit on the panel between the frunk and the bumper seems WAY off. Not sure if its the fender panels that are misaligned or the piece running horizontal between the two. Driver side seems "pushed in" a bit, while passenger side is "bumped out".

Is anyone else seeing this or having this issue? Reached out to the dealer to have repaired. I can't UNSEE it now :( Red circles passenger side, yellow circles driver side.

Inkedfront panel driver.jpg
Inkedfront panel driver 2.jpg
Inkedfront panel passenger 2.jpg
Inked front panel passenger.jpg
definitely not right.
p.s. you're not someone who would want to own a Tesla. : )

Sponsored

Defiant81

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ F150 Lightning
Hi new to the forum.. my ‘23 I just picked up has very similar misalignment issue..
Ford F-150 Lightning Poor fit with panel between bumper and frunk (Lariat ER) IMG_7044