• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power reduced to 64%

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Sales
Hi! My truck got 2000km and for the first time today when i unplug it and i take off, i look at my cluster and my power was reduced to 64%. The power gauge was grey from 64% to 100%. Full throttle was only 64% power delivery. I shut it off and start again, boom, 100% power available. Anybody know what the cause of that? The truck got the 3.4.0 updated 2 days ago.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Sales
Forgot to mention that i hear a chime sound from the dash, 2 bip just before the power was reduced.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Forgot to mention that i hear a chime sound from the dash, 2 bip just before the power was reduced.
A completely wild guess: Battery was hot from charging and reduced available power until it cooled a bit

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning
Occupation
Sales
A completely wild guess: Battery was hot from charging and reduced available power until it cooled a bit
Thats was i tought too but the temperature was is the middle… maybe i take off too quickly after unplugging it… maybe 10 second or so. No message in dash or nothing, just the sound and grey power gauge.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Hi! My truck got 2000km and for the first time today when i unplug it and i take off, i look at my cluster and my power was reduced to 64%. The power gauge was grey from 64% to 100%. Full throttle was only 64% power delivery. I shut it off and start again, boom, 100% power available. Anybody know what the cause of that? The truck got the 3.4.0 updated 2 days ago.

I just had the exact same scenario today. I parked overnight in the garage charged it up from 60-80%. I set it to charge 2 hours after plugging in for battery cooling. Charge was done overnight and I preconditioned the truck for 11am. Hop in nice and toasty, back out and notice the 64% power level. Also the front motor drive isn’t engaging on the screen. Normally you see both front and rear working in tandem. Drove around leisurely for 25 minutes in 55* weather and parked at the store. Getting back in the Truck 30 mins later, all back to normal. I truly hope this was a software glitch. I just updated to 4.1.1 the other day. Battery temps looked right in the normal range like they always do. Back at home I checked the 12v battery connections for the first time and they are nice and tight. Not sure what else to look for? I’ve seen a few more cases of this online.

Im puzzled? Hope this isn’t a start to something …
Sponsored