• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

flyin525

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Usually I’m last to get an update but just got this eating lunch in my truck today. I just received DTE update yesterday.

Pretty vague but hope it means we will get updates faster!

Ford F-150 Lightning Power Up-4.1.1 OTA software update released image
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Just got it too . Did not get the check mark saying an update was installed on the dash and only noticed the update because of a push notification on my phone

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
My truck had a different beeping tone in the cabin this morning (like from the proximity sensor) then it reverted back to the normal tone. That was odd but i wonder if it’s related to an update?

Alexsouthcleveland

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 lightning Lariat ER
My truck had a different beeping tone in the cabin this morning (like from the proximity sensor) then it reverted back to the normal tone. That was odd but i wonder if it’s related to an update?
My truck has been doing the same thing off and on for 2 months. Thankfully most of the time it’s not beeping at me. Hate that noise! But I haven’t been able to narrow it down to me doing any certain thing.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I did get the check mark after a restart . I think Ford should have saved the big change to 4.x.x for the UI update though.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I'm guessing that this is meant to address the large number of aborted updates that were seen with 3.5.5. Mine failed 5 times before it took and I had no idea what I was doing wrong.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
My last update was in September to 3.5.2.

Mine is an XLT with the 12" screen, so it's possible the update schedules are not the same for Sync 4 vs 4A.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Thread moved to the following section:
Forums TECH OTA, SYNC, Audio, Nav, Phone, FORScan, FordPass, BlueCruise, Driving Aids, Cameras

Made it a sticky for easy access....

Reactions: GDN

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A

Mine is an XLT with the 12" screen, so it's possible the update schedules are not the same for Sync 4 vs 4A.
Same for me. My July built 312A XLT is still running the 3.5.2.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I got this today as well.

Sponsored

SilverBrewer

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
My 21 Powerboost randomly changes dings through the day as well as the ol lady’s explorer. I’ve never seen anything like it sometime it’s higher pitches sometimes it’s not. I actually think it’s kinda funny lol

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
I got this update also today

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

Same for me. My July built 312A XLT is still running the 3.5.2.
There could be something to that, but seems Ford is really trying to get all of the trucks leveled and the same software. On the ICE forum (the 12" screen is the biggest they have) their OTA's are the same numbers and many over there had received 3.5.2 and then 3.5.3 was rolling out and then it was paused. Seems you all might be aligned with that release. They were very close to having almost every F150 on the same release number however. Maybe you aren't too far behind.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
There could be something to that, but seems Ford is really trying to get all of the trucks leveled and the same software. On the ICE forum (the 12" screen is the biggest they have) their OTA's are the same numbers and many over there had received 3.5.2 and then 3.5.3 was rolling out and then it was paused. Seems you all might be aligned with that release. They were very close to having almost every F150 on the same release number however. Maybe you aren't too far behind.
It makes sense for the user interface to be grouped together. The 15" screen is not just bigger than the 12", it needs completely different software to replace the buttons that I have on the XLT.

However, the stuff under the hood is the same, like the driving characteristics and power management, so those sorts of updates should be more aligned within models. Perhaps those parts happen without any version numbers.

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I'm guessing that this is meant to address the large number of aborted updates that were seen with 3.5.5. Mine failed 5 times before it took and I had no idea what I was doing wrong.
Well........you are not the only one. My 3.6.5 update had issues loading. You will get messages reminding you of the failure and what you can do to prep your vehicle for an OTA update. I called the OTA updates dept and they informed me that my 12V battery could not handle the update because of the power consumption it required for the update. Ford recommended to drive the vehicle for more than 30 min or charge the battery. I have a battery charger, which I connected for couple hours and drove the vehicle around for more than 45 min.
Re initiated the download and it worked.
Do you have a battery charger?
Harbor Freight has them for around $30.
Northern Tools also. Otherwise drive around the town and try again.
Good luck.
Sponsored