• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

punkzappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
First of all, I did not find this myself. All credit goes to u/tatems and his/her post here:

I searched the forum if this has been pointed out before but didn't find any posts about it. Apparently, you can see your vehicle's software update status on ford.com
  1. Login to ford.com
  2. Open the developer tools for your browser - depending on your browser, it can be found in different menus.
  3. Select the Network tab and put in a search for status
  4. Navigate to your vehicle dashboard
  5. Look through the responses until you find one with a field called fuseResponse
  6. Expand that and look for creation date and time, as well as latest status. You can also see the changelog for the update.
I'm currently on 4.1.1 and already have the new interface. My truck hasn't alerted me to any new available updates. My guess is, deploymentFinalConsumerAction will change once I get the alert. Here's what I see:
Ford F-150 Lightning PowerUp status -- how to check if an update has been pushed to your Lightning (via Ford.com) Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 9.03.56 PM
Sponsored

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
thanks for sharing. I'm on a pro with no updates yet so i'm not sure what my details means when it says General Failure Will Retry. I'll just be patient but if you happen to know how to interpret this I'd love to understand it.

1. fuseResponse: {,…}
    1. fuseResponseList: [{vin: "XXXXXXXXXXX5940", oemCorrelationId: "FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-750799-904766",…}]
      1. 0: {vin: "XXXXXXXXXXX5940", oemCorrelationId: "FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-750799-904766",…}
        1. additionalConsentLevel: 1
        2. communicationPriority: "High"
        3. deploymentCreationDate: "2023-01-19T21:24:13.201+0000"
        4. deploymentExpirationTime: "2023-01-26T21:24:13.201+0000"
        5. deploymentFinalConsumerAction: "General Failure Will Retry"
        6. deploymentId: "f4af512b-5208-4a35-9db5-fdb1bbaec7f9"
        7. inhibitRequired: false
        8. latestStatus: {aggregateStatus: "failure", detailedStatus: "OTAM_E1016",…}
        9. oemCorrelationId: "FLARE-PRD-SOFTWARE-FNV2-750799-904766"
        10. otaTriggerExpirationTime: "2023-01-19T18:17:25.988+0000"
        11. packageUpdateDetails: {,…}
        12. tmcEnvironment: "PRD"
        13. triggerType: "SOFTWARE"
        14. type: "ENHANCEMENT"
        15. vin: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXX5940"
    2. languageText: {Language: "English (US/NA)", LanguageCode: "ENU", LanguageCodeMobileApp: "en-US",…}
  2. otaAlertStatus: "YOU ARE ALL SET"
  3. tappsResponse: {vin: "XXXXXXXXXXX5940", status: 200, vehicleInhibitStatus: null,…}
  4. updatePendingState: null

stangmatt21

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicles
'22 Lightning Lariat SR, '21 Mach-E Prem ER RWD
This is an excellent find! We used to be able to get this information in the FordPass Scriptable Widget before Ford locked down the software update API and started blocking accounts using the widget.

aggregateStatus will change when you have a pending update, when the car asks for the update, when the update is downloading, when the download is being unzipped in the vehicle, when it's being installed, and success and failure.

Being able to watch that status change helps the user know what's happening and how many times they need to restart their car to kick the process to the next step.

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
This is fantastic! I was able to verify that 4.1.2 is available for my Lightning, but my status is " artifact_retrieval_in_progress" Any thoughts on what that means or how to get it past that step to get to deploying?

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Neat, thanks for this! I have the same package situation as chrislittle. I'm going on a decent sized roadtrip this weekend, so it would be wonderful to have 4.1.2 in place for it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

punkzappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
This is an excellent find! We used to be able to get this information in the FordPass Scriptable Widget before Ford locked down the software update API and started blocking accounts using the widget.

aggregateStatus will change when you have a pending update, when the car asks for the update, when the update is downloading, when the download is being unzipped in the vehicle, when it's being installed, and success and failure.

Being able to watch that status change helps the user know what's happening and how many times they need to restart their car to kick the process to the next step.
Thanks, @stangmatt21. That’s too bad that this is now blocked. Are you doing any more development on the FordPass Scriptable Widget or is it non-functional now with all the blocks?

Also, would you happen to have the different values for aggregateStatus and their meanings? Might be useful for folks to find out what their status means.

For folks who are getting a status of “failure”, you could contact Ford’s Over The Air software team to see if they can help 1-833-389-0848.

stangmatt21

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Vehicles
'22 Lightning Lariat SR, '21 Mach-E Prem ER RWD
Thanks, @stangmatt21. That’s too bad that this is now blocked. Are you doing any more development on the FordPass Scriptable Widget or is it non-functional now with all the blocks?

Also, would you happen to have the different values for aggregateStatus and their meanings? Might be useful for folks to find out what their status means.

For folks who are getting a status of “failure”, you could contact Ford’s Over The Air software team to see if they can help 1-833-389-0848.
I'm not working on the widget or use it anymore because Ford started blocking FordPass accounts that were using it. But I have some of screenshots from the Software Update portion of it before that stopped working, here are the statuses I have record of:

request_delivery_queued - OTA update is ready for your car
artifact_retrieval_in_progress - Car is downloading OTA update
success - OTA installed correctly

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
  1. Login to ford.com
  2. Open the developer tools for your browser - depending on your browser, it can be found in different menus.
  3. Select the Network tab and put in a search for status
  4. Navigate to your vehicle dashboard
  5. Look through the responses until you find one with a field called fuseResponse
  6. Expand that and look for creation date and time, as well as latest status. You can also see the changelog for the update.
I struggled a little with this but in the end, after a few changes to these steps I got it to work:

On step 4, a new tab opens up in my browser w/o developer tools. So I have to do step 2 and 3 again and then refresh the page so it catches the network traffic that it missed.

For step 3 in my tools I had both a search icon (magnifying glass) and a box that said filter. It worked well putting 'status' in the filter box, not the search box.

The items returned either say order-status... or status?country=usa&vin=...
You want the latter. I had three of these and they all had identical fuse-responses.

For step 5, click on the Preview tab in the right screen.

Great find - thanks to OP!!!

OP
OP

punkzappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I struggled a little with this but in the end, after a few changes to these steps I got it to work:

On step 4, a new tab opens up in my browser w/o developer tools. So I have to do step 2 and 3 again and then refresh the page so it catches the network traffic that it missed.

For step 3 in my tools I had both a search icon (magnifying glass) and a box that said filter. It worked well putting 'status' in the filter box, not the search box.

You want the latter. I had three of these and they all had identical fuse-responses.

Thanks, @bmwhitetx. I tested on Chrome and Safari. What browser were you on?

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

I get a bunch of these too, but i don't see a fuseresponse anywhere

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Thanks, @bmwhitetx. I tested on Chrome and Safari. What browser were you on?
I hate to admit but I had the most success with Edge. But that was after my 3rd attempt. I first tried Firefox and then Chrome - maybe the Windows versions look different and they all seemed to have different layouts. I'm not an expert on all this so when it didn't look exactly like your screen I had to freelance! Anyway I got it to work - next time I'll try Firefox which is what I typically use. Thanks for posting.

FYI, my fuse response was showing 4.1.2 when in fact I have 4.1.3. Strange thing is I never got a notice in FP about 4.1.2 and my notice on 4.1.3 just says description is not available. But I have the new layout, camera icon, Youtube/NBC apps, etc.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
I get a bunch of these too, but i don't see a fuseresponse anywhere
Sorry, I'm not an expert - but here is a screenshot. I used Firefox this time and you can see the tabs. Make sure you refresh the browser so it pulls in the data. All three browsers I used opened vehicle dashboard in a new tab. I highlighted what I clicked or typed in.
Ford F-150 Lightning PowerUp status -- how to check if an update has been pushed to your Lightning (via Ford.com) Screenshot 2023-02-02 185117

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
I have 4.1.2 waiting and it tried to download or install on 01/31 but status is failed.

IT says it will retry but no luck as yet.

Great find on the Dev Tools!!!

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
I must be missing a step. I tried on chrome and Firefox. I cant find anything that says fuseresponse

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
I must be missing a step. I tried on chrome and Firefox. I cant find anything that says fuseresponse
When looking at dev-tools on the 'network' tab, when you click on something it should open a pane on the right side. Make sure you've selected 'response' there, and not 'Headers'.
Sponsored