• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

rmansava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
No idea what the General Failure means but it sounds like it will keep trying. Let us know if you contact the OTA team for help and their response. I posted their phone number on the original post.
Sponsored

rmansava

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
I did give them a call, they said the update was attempted on 1/20 but failed. They asked if I had a good wifi signal in my garage (which I do) and that I had automatic updates on.

They are not able to force an update attempt on their side. All they said is at some point it will try again, which its been several weeks now and hasn't.

They told me 4.1.2 is something the dealer can do with their tools and that's it.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Just received a new update this afternoon. Went from 4.1.1 straight to 4.1.3. Weird because I had 4.1.2 pending just a couple of days ago.
So you did not have the new UI (4.1.2), like the camera icon on the main screen and the volume knob temp control? Or maybe you have the small screen (Pro/XLT) which wouldn't need 4.1.2 (you don't list a trim in your profile).
I got 4.1.2 several weeks ago - it appeared with no notification. As you can tell from my post above Ford thinks that it is my latest. But I got 4.1.3 a few days later. So not sure their systems are up to date ;).

OP
OP

punkzappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
So you did not have the new UI (4.1.2), like the camera icon on the main screen and the volume knob temp control? Or maybe you have the small screen (Pro/XLT) which wouldn't need 4.1.2 (you don't list a trim in your profile).
I got 4.1.2 several weeks ago - it appeared with no notification. As you can tell from my post above Ford thinks that it is my latest. But I got 4.1.3 a few days later. So not sure their systems are up to date ;).
My new UI came in a few days after my 4.1.1 update. See my post here about it https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/4-1-1-powerup-and-new-cabin-temp-controls.14212/
Basically, my UI changed a few days after the 4.1.1 update was installed. There was no mention of any new updates when it happened.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
So basically...when I login and it says: updatePendingState: null - that means there's no chance I'm going to hop in my truck and magically have 4.1.2 anytime soon.

I guess I can stop driving it around aimlessly trying to get this update and just wait until the site says it's ready. Sigh.

Sponsored

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Did this stop working for anyone else? I got past my 'end' date on the 4.1.2 update (still stuck on 4.1.1), but the fuseResponse stoped showing up for me.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did this stop working for anyone else? I got past my 'end' date on the 4.1.2 update (still stuck on 4.1.1), but the fuseResponse stoped showing up for me.
Yes it was removed when I checked like a week ago. Still no 4.1.2 for me.

ErichKeane

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150L Lariat ER, 2020 Niro EV, 1990 300zx TT
Occupation
Senior Compiler Engineer
Yes it was removed when I checked like a week ago. Still no 4.1.2 for me.
Curiously, when I got in my car today it had the updated UI with the improved seat heater controls/etc! However, there is no notification or anything, and the 'software update' on the phone/truck don't mention the update at all.

The new UI is super nice! I'm a huge fan of the seat heater in particular, but the new settings panel is really nice too.

wapple24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I did give them a call, they said the update was attempted on 1/20 but failed. They asked if I had a good wifi signal in my garage (which I do) and that I had automatic updates on.

They are not able to force an update attempt on their side. All they said is at some point it will try again, which its been several weeks now and hasn't.

They told me 4.1.2 is something the dealer can do with their tools and that's it.
What number did you call? I have 4.1.2 showing up in my updates section, but it never installed. Now it is gone and my ability to check is gone. Seems like it was just removed for my truck.

Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What number did you call? I have 4.1.2 showing up in my updates section, but it never installed. Now it is gone and my ability to check is gone. Seems like it was just removed for my truck.
I have it as a favorites in my phone: 833-926-3233

Have your VIN handy. They will tell you if anything is pending

Sepi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
I have it as a favorites in my phone: 833-926-3233

Have your VIN handy. They will tell you if anything is pending
They didn't even ask for my VIN just my name/address. Thanks for this number though. I got my truck a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to get it updated. I constantly get no update, website shows null, done resets and trickle charged the 12v to 100% and checked with forscan. Finally called this number and he was able to see it did try to update 6 days ago, but failed and didn't give a reason on their end. Supposedly it will happen eventually or I can just take it into the dealership.

Reactions: s_c

Sepi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

So I took mine in to the dealer today. They said it tried to update APIM module on the 22nd and failed (something they couldn't even tell me on the phone). He tried updating it took 2 hours and failed. Tried again took another 2 hours and failed again. Told me it was corrupted software whole thing has to be rewritten at dealership 8+ hour process.

I might just get an FDRS cable and do it myself... going to be seeking advice in that thread.

180ABL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Avalanche Lightning Lariat ER
I called the number to check on mine which is at 4.1.1. She went over the criteria for the updates which seem a bit nutty.
The headlight switch must be OFF, not in auto.
The parking brake must be ON.
and she did say you should have driven at least 30 minutes that day. (to charge the battery)
Under normal conditions I don't think too many people would be doing this.

• Haha
Reactions: s_c

Sepi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I called the number to check on mine which is at 4.1.1. She went over the criteria for the updates which seem a bit nutty.
The headlight switch must be OFF, not in auto.
The parking brake must be ON.
and she did say you should have driven at least 30 minutes that day. (to charge the battery)
Under normal conditions I don't think too many people would be doing this.
How the fuck do you set the headlight switch to OFF? Mine is just a spinning dial and sets itself to Auto on every start lol...
Sponsored