• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pre/Post Delivery Shopping List // Accessories - What do we want and what do we need for our Lightnings?

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, P*2, XC90, 1964.5 Mustang,
Hoping to take delivery of our Platinum Antimatter Blue at some point in the coming couple weeks, and as such I know there are some things I want, and definitely other things I probably don't know about (or am not thinking of) that I should consider.

* USB Charging Cables - since we may be going on a nearly 20 hour road trip soon, I want to make sure I have one for each of us. Most of my phone charging cables seem to be worn down, so going to purchase new. Looks like it's one C, one A both up front & in back. Debating whether, for the back-seat, I should use a fast-charging cigarette charger w/ two USB-C's.

* Antenna - I'm not a fan of big whippy antennas, so likely going to replace w/ this AntennaMastsRus from Amazon.

* Bike Carrier - my old cheap-ass 4-bike carrier came in two parts, weighs about 200 lbs, and was a b!tch to store. I'm willing to pay a premium for a Thule/Yakima/whatever, but will ideally carry 4 mountain bikes and store well in the garage when not in use. Any suggestions?

I think I'll eventually get a bed cover, but going to wait a bit since this is my first truck and don't quite know how we'll use it. Didn't do the spray-in liner from the factory, so will be doing that ASAP.

What else? Now that we have power up the wazoo & traditional outlets in the car what else could/should we consider? When traveling will be myself, my wife and our twin 13 year old daughters.

Fire away & hopefully this can ultimately be a resource for pre/post purchase useful & interesting accessories.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
Have you considered a tail gate cover instead of a rack?

If you didn't get the Lariat ER, heated blankets for the back seat for the kids.

XLT Jeffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning XLT SR
Full ceramic coat
PPF front end
Quality 2ch dash cam
Winter tires

Reactions: GDN

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
I almost started this thread while I was accessory shopping yesterday. :) There is lots of good stuff out there, seeing what others have found might be useful.

I need fob covers so my wife and I won't mix up our keys. Important since seat and mirror positioning is tied to the profile of the key opening the truck.

A cover for the frunk release (inside the frunk)

As mentioned above, stubby antenna

My wife wanted a tonneau until I reminded her we have secure storage in the frunk. But may still be on the list.

Stronger floor jack

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx sti, Subaru wrx, Daihatsu Miro, Ranger
Weathertech floor liners and a plastic drop in bed liner will be the first things for me.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I'm going with the following:

Tuxmat for floor:

https://www.tuxmat.com/products/8222-ford-f150-supercrew-custom-mat

To match the ones I'll get for my ioniq 5.

Shorty antenna.. not sure which one.

Maybe tonneau cover... haven't decided if I need one yet. I'll get hard roll up. Either ford factory or backflip x4s.

Soft close tailgate: https://accessories.ford.com/products/f-150-2021-tailgate-viscous-dampening-cartridge-1

Maybe katzkin seats... Will run with cloth for a bit and decide if I want leather later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
millim

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have you considered a tail gate cover instead of a rack?
It’s a great point. We’re driving from Orange County to Vail, but only bringing 2-3 bikes, so the tail gate cover + locks/chain is likely the better way to go. Also much better when I head out solo. Any recommendations?

OP
OP
millim

millim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I need fob covers so my wife and I won't mix up our keys. Important since seat and mirror positioning is tied to the profile of the key opening the truck.
This is such a great idea. Our Polestar 2 only came with one key due to the chip shortage and we set it to my wife’s profile. If I use phone as a key it’s fine, but when I use the real key my 6’3” self slowly gets smashed into the driving position of a 5’1” human. Worst thing about that car IMO.

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
* Bike Carrier - my old cheap-ass 4-bike carrier came in two parts, weighs about 200 lbs, and was a b!tch to store. I'm willing to pay a premium for a Thule/Yakima/whatever, but will ideally carry 4 mountain bikes and store well in the garage when not in use. Any suggestions?
I have the Kuat Sherpa hitch-mounted bike rack that I really like. They have a heavier duty one for heavier bikes (I think mine is max 40 pounds per bike). That, or 1-up were the best options when I bought mine a few years back.

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
My list (for my pro) is very similar to @gorwell ... tuxmat, aluminum tonneau, tailgate dampening, running boards, ceramic tint, Katzkin seat upgrade. I prefer a complete set of wheels/tires for Winter so I'll have to see what type of factory options my dealer has for me in that department or if I need to DIY elsewhere. and a good ESP from @Granger Ford just above dealer cost.

Sponsored

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
@Pioneer74 do you have any good or bad experience with the EMBARK LS RETRACTABLE MATTE BLACK TONNEAU COVER? I'm looking for a retractable Tonneau so just wanted to ask.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
My Pro is being built next week! I’ve ordered:

Stubby flexible antenna that is drive through car wash safe. Made in the USA!

https://builtrightind.com/products/perfect-fit-stubby-antenna-ford-f-150-2021-bronco-2021

Ready Lift 2” leveling kit.

X4s roll up Tonneau. They have a $150 rebate for purchases this month.

Planning Line-X when delivered.

Was thinking about splash guards but I’ll hold off until I can get some powered running boards.

Might do Katskinz heated and cooled seats at some point but I want to give the vinyl a try before I spend that much cash.

Speaker upgrades will be done very soon after acquisition as well.

I wonder how the TuxMat would lay in the Pro.

Last edited:

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
It’s a great point. We’re driving from Orange County to Vail, but only bringing 2-3 bikes, so the tail gate cover + locks/chain is likely the better way to go. Also much better when I head out solo. Any recommendations?
Raceface T2 is probably best.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
@Pioneer74 do you have any good or bad experience with the EMBARK LS RETRACTABLE MATTE BLACK TONNEAU COVER? I'm looking for a retractable Tonneau so just wanted to ask.
No, I do not. I have an Undercover Armor Flex trifold. Nice cover but I think my next one will be a roll-up.
Sponsored