• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pre/Post Delivery Shopping List // Accessories - What do we want and what do we need for our Lightnings?

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
My list (for my pro) is very similar to @gorwell ... tuxmat, aluminum tonneau, tailgate dampening, running boards, ceramic tint, Katzkin seat upgrade. I prefer a complete set of wheels/tires for Winter so I'll have to see what type of factory options my dealer has for me in that department or if I need to DIY elsewhere. and a good ESP from @Granger Ford just above dealer cost.
Will the Tuxmat work with the vinyl flooring in the Pro?

I’m going to see if the guy at https://plugnplaykits.com/ has a Kicker Key amp setup for the Lightning, I have one for my Bronco and it works well. I will also be adding some seat heaters on my Pro before winter.

Last edited:

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
My list (for my pro) is very similar to @gorwell ... tuxmat, aluminum tonneau, tailgate dampening, running boards, ceramic tint, Katzkin seat upgrade. I prefer a complete set of wheels/tires for Winter so I'll have to see what type of factory options my dealer has for me in that department or if I need to DIY elsewhere. and a good ESP from @Granger Ford just above dealer cost.
i checked with Tuxmat, they don’t work in the Pro since the pro doesn’t have any attachment points. Verified in a test drive, the vinyl floor is flat, no hooks or tabs for carpets

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning Pro
i checked with Tuxmat, they don’t work in the Pro since the pro doesn’t have any attachment points. Verified in a test drive, the vinyl floor is flat, no hooks or tabs for carpets
Bummer. I was just relying on their website as they let you select the Lightning (no trim required) to order. I assumed the clips would still slide into the points as shown in their install guide.

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Bummer. I was just relying on their website as they let you select the Lightning (no trim required) to order. I assumed the clips would still slide into the points as shown in their install guide.
thats what I was hoping too, their Gen 1 only used clips. Maybe if enough people ask they’ll add a Pro compatible version

Sponsored

Nickbommer

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning xlt ordered
Occupation
IT
I'm going with the following:

Tuxmat for floor:

https://www.tuxmat.com/products/8222-ford-f150-supercrew-custom-mat

To match the ones I'll get for my ioniq 5.

Shorty antenna.. not sure which one.

Maybe tonneau cover... haven't decided if I need one yet. I'll get hard roll up. Either ford factory or backflip x4s.

Soft close tailgate: https://accessories.ford.com/products/f-150-2021-tailgate-viscous-dampening-cartridge-1

Maybe katzkin seats... Will run with cloth for a bit and decide if I want leather later.
Im going with the Tuxmat as well. Any idea what the Katzkin seats will cost?

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Im going with the Tuxmat as well. Any idea what the Katzkin seats will cost?
This is what I got from them a few months back. its ballpark as it might have changed.

• Two row factory match single color interior - $1,695 before tax (includes installation and a 3 year warranty)
• Two row custom interior such as two colors, perforation etc., - $1,995 (includes installation and a 3 year warranty)
• Add front row seat heating - Plus $595
• Add front row seat heating and cooling - Plus $1495

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I’m going to see if the guy at Plugandplaykits.com has a Kicker Key amp setup for the LightNing, I have one for my Bronco and it works well. I will also be adding some seat heaters on my Pro before winter.
Let us know what you find out. I am also interested in improving the stereo.

chrislittle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Will the Tuxmat work with the vinyl flooring in the Pro?

I’m going to see if the guy at Plugandplaykits.com has a Kicker Key amp setup for the LightNing, I have one for my Bronco and it works well. I will also be adding some seat heaters on my Pro before winter.
@broncoaz you may want to edit your post as its https://plugnplaykits.com/ (not 'and'). the 'and' goes to a spam site.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I've already received my extras, ready to install: $1,899.83... waiting patiently, July 29th build day:

- Extang Encore Tonno, tri-fold, with front folding section... it's very nicely built.

- BedRug full bed liner... it's zipped together and ready to go, and very plush and soft on the knees.

- YitaMotor 450lb 82" running boards, matt black SS... they look great, and feel very capable.

- Coverado Waterproof Leatherette Seat Protectors, Custom Fit F150, black... they feel VERY nice.

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I would classify this as essential. You'll find that most charging stations don't have a squeegee and you'll rapidly accumulate bugs on road trips.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pre/Post Delivery Shopping List // Accessories - What do we want and what do we need for our Lightnings? 1658147690198

It's also important to have an emergency charging kit as backup. Make sure you mind the amperage ratings of the adapters because the Lightning can draw up to 80 amps. You don't want to use a 40 amp adapter at an 80 amp Tesla destination charger.

J1772 extension cord
Ford F-150 Lightning Pre/Post Delivery Shopping List // Accessories - What do we want and what do we need for our Lightnings? 1658147900642

Tesla destination charger adapter (get the 80 amp one)

Ford F-150 Lightning Pre/Post Delivery Shopping List // Accessories - What do we want and what do we need for our Lightnings? 1658148237535

An adapter that lets you use a 120v 30 amp rv plug (typical at most campgrounds). Note that you need an EVSE that has variable amperage settings like the one below.
Ford F-150 Lightning Pre/Post Delivery Shopping List // Accessories - What do we want and what do we need for our Lightnings? 1658153030721

It's handy to have a portable EVSE that has variable amperage settings so you can safely plug in almost anywhere. We bought the one below. I haven't had a chance to field test it plus it's not UL listed so I can't give a recommendation for/against it. There are some UL listed models available from other suppliers I think.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pre/Post Delivery Shopping List // Accessories - What do we want and what do we need for our Lightnings? 1658153220220

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I would classify this as essential. You'll find that most charging stations don't have a squeegee and you'll rapidly accumulate bugs on road trips.

1658147690198.png
Squeegee is clutch! We got this recently for our Mach-e and it is a game changer for road trips. Highly recommend.

2000Firehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
So far (1,600 miles in), I've added the following (some purchased before the truck arrived). Some are duplicates I have in my 3500, but like to be prepared without having to move stuff between vehicles.

- Weathertech liners
- Backflip MX4 cover
- Teslatap 80 amp for flexibility in travel
- Carplay MMB mostly for fun, but also for charging times on longer road trips
- Small antenna (works just fine)
- New set of straps and carry bag for cargo
- Chargers - wireless charger doesn't work particularly well with my phone (case on or off)
- Flashlights, multi-purpose tool(s), Gojo, hand sanitizer, wipes, napkins, other essentials that I try to keep in each vehicle

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
I just ordered the RetraxPro Mx. It's $1699, the cheapest I've seen it on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08L46PC1S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1 but for some reason Amazon wouldn't deliver to my address.
I got it price matched at https://tonneaucoversworld.com/p/retraxpro-mx-tonneau-cover/
Bezos doesn't need more of my $ anyway.
I had the Retrax Pro on my Colorado and it has worked flawlessly for 6 years, I'm a contractor so it's been tested, might be overkill for more light duty use.
Sponsored