• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pre/Post Delivery Shopping List // Accessories - What do we want and what do we need for our Lightnings?

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx sti, Subaru wrx, Daihatsu Miro, Ranger
Did you fine the right drop in bedliner?
I just got it installed today actually. What’s weird is I called the dealer and they didn’t want to order it because it said it doesn’t fit lightning, even though the beds are the same as an ICE, from what Ford said when introducing the lightning. I called a truck accessories place and I told them it was a 2022 lightning. No questions, they ordered and installed it. Cost me $270. There are openings for the tie downs, box link and pro power.
Ford F-150 Lightning Pre/Post Delivery Shopping List // Accessories - What do we want and what do we need for our Lightnings? ED2735B0-30E1-486C-B587-B05545E8F311

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
I just got it installed today actually. What’s weird is I called the dealer and they didn’t want to order it because it said it doesn’t fit lightning, even though the beds are the same as an ICE, from what Ford said when introducing the lightning. I called a truck accessories place and I told them it was a 2022 lightning. No questions, they ordered and installed it. Cost me $270. There are openings for the tie downs, box link and pro power.
ED2735B0-30E1-486C-B587-B05545E8F311.jpeg
Yep, that's the issue I'm having also, it specifically says the liner with the cut out for pro power is NOT for the Lightning. I wanted the OEM one but might just go aftermarket also.

Tyleem111

First Name
Tylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru wrx sti, Subaru wrx, Daihatsu Miro, Ranger
Yep, that's the issue I'm having also, it specifically says the liner with the cut out for pro power is NOT for the Lightning. I wanted the OEM one but might just go aftermarket also.
Maybe the parts catalog hasn’t updated? You would think the parts people would know this stuff….I even tried to reason with the guy and told him I could be the test for them. He said he didn’t want to be stuck with a liner that doesn’t fit. Does the Ford branded one offer anything more than a standard aftermarket one? Ford told me it was $400 for the bed and tailgate

EVLightningSoCal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I would classify this as essential. You'll find that most charging stations don't have a squeegee and you'll rapidly accumulate bugs on road trips.

1658147690198.png

It's also important to have an emergency charging kit as backup. Make sure you mind the amperage ratings of the adapters because the Lightning can draw up to 80 amps. You don't want to use a 40 amp adapter at an 80 amp Tesla destination charger.

J1772 extension cord
1658147900642.png

Tesla destination charger adapter (get the 80 amp one)

1658148237535.png

An adapter that lets you use a 120v 30 amp rv plug (typical at most campgrounds). Note that you need an EVSE that has variable amperage settings like the one below.
1658153030721.png

It's handy to have a portable EVSE that has variable amperage settings so you can safely plug in almost anywhere. We bought the one below. I haven't had a chance to field test it plus it's not UL listed so I can't give a recommendation for/against it. There are some UL listed models available from other suppliers I think.

1658153220220.png
I’m having trouble finding the 80 amp Tesla adapter. The search you used doesn’t seem to pull anything up (max 40 amp). Any guidance?

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Just a thought on antennas, while I wait for my Lightning; on my ‘21 hybrid F150, I know that my stock antenna is about 6” taller than top of cab, and about an inch taller than the GoFast Camper topper I have on the truck. . Therefore in low parking garages, etc, I know that if my antenna doesn’t clear the hanging warning bar, then my truck probably won’t either.
Sponsored