• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Precondition Battery Question

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Howdy again all!

Here is a question, I had my truck set for a departure time for in the morning yesterday (It was plugged up to the FCSP). I went out in the morning and the battery had not been preconditioned and the truck cabin temp hadn't been turned up. I tested it again today and it was fine. My question is there a way to get the truck to start preconditioning the battery if you haven't set a departure time? If I know I'm going to leave in about an hour or whenever is there a way to go the truck and do something to get the battery preconditioned? I know set the departure time in the truck or use the app, just humor me on this one.

Thanks!
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Correct.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
Howdy again all!

Here is a question, I had my truck set for a departure time for in the morning yesterday (It was plugged up to the FCSP). I went out in the morning and the battery had not been preconditioned and the truck cabin temp hadn't been turned up. I tested it again today and it was fine. My question is there a way to get the truck to start preconditioning the battery if you haven't set a departure time? If I know I'm going to leave in about an hour or whenever is there a way to go the truck and do something to get the battery preconditioned? I know set the departure time in the truck or use the app, just humor me on this one.

Thanks!
The failure to precondition on a set departure time has happened to me on two different occasions. I’m not sure what caused it. If anyone has some insight, please let me know. I’ve now started setting the departure time 10 minutes early so if it fails to precondition, I can at least remote start and heat the cabin.
Sponsored