• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pricing pressure works -- Ford cuts Mach-E pricing! Likely won't hit the Lightning though

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
it will get interesting when the Cybertruck does arrive.
And the Silverado and Sierra BEVs, although I expect low- and mid-spec trims will be even less obtainable for the cybertruck and the GM twins than the Lightning.

Also don't forget that they'll probably be putting LFP batteries in 2024 SR Lightning, which should make them even cheaper to produce.

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Agreed. The lower price trims of the competition will be Unicorns until well into 2024 at the earliest.

I highly highly doubt the Lightning sees price drop because unlike the Tesla Model 3 / Y vs Mach E there is no on the market competition undercutting the Lightning at the moment or likely at all in 2023.

BTW... the market is certainly not impressed by Ford's move here.

"
Electric vehicle stocks fall as 'Hunger Games' pricing war fears build

Jan 30, 2023 10:53 AM ET | Ford Motor Company (F) | Clark Schultz, SA News Editor

The automobile sector started off the week on a down note after Ford's (NYSE:F) price cut on the electric Mustang Mach-E drove home the reality that a pricing war could break out to threaten Q1 and Q2 margins for both EV startups and legacy automakers looking to ramp up their electric vehicle production this year.

Morgan Stanley called the Tesla-led price war a "Hunger Games" scenario for the electric vehicle sector, with the pricing development a gut check for the sector that could threaten survivability for some cash-strapped players.

Analyst Adam Jonas warned that Tesla's (TSLA) big price cuts accelerate electric vehicle deflation. "As the leader in global EVs, Tesla's more aggressive posture on price applies significant fundamental pressure on its peers," he noted. The advice is for investors to prepare for lower margins and share gain in the near-term. Of course, the key question is which EV competitors can keep up in the new race.

Notable decliners in Monday morning trading included Hellbiz (HLBZ), Canoo (GOEV) -8.70%, Faraday Future Intelligent Electric (FFIE) -8.50%, Fisker (FSR) -6.51%, TuSimple (TSP) -6.45%, REV Group (REVG) -6.05%, Aurora Innovation (AUR) -5.44%, REE Automotive (REE) -5.40%, Arcimoto (FUV) -5.31%, Rivian Automotive (RIVN) -3.55%, General Motors (GM) -2.65%, and Stellantis N.V. (STLA) -1.55%.

Lucid Group (LCID) is also in reverse with a 6.50% decline despite buzz over a potential buyout from the Saudi Arabia wealth fund still in the mix.

Ford Motor (F) was down 2.11%, while Tesla (TSLA) shed 4.27%."

Chado

First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, BMW, Tesla
lol the wording
" By streamlining production costs, we can significantly lower prices across the entire lineup. "

Translate, "We had to because someone else did so we used the same "reason"

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I wonder, are these new prices lower than what the prices were before the last price increase? I need to do some googl'n.

Sponsored

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
I see at least here in SOCAL that tesla has a number of model Y's that can be delivered within weeks. Im guessing that their softening demand and cars readily available contributed to the price cut. Im not seeing that over on the Ford side. They still are saying almost 6 months till delivery for an ordered vehicle. Im surprised they lowered prices so quickly without a glut of cars on the lots.

steve

Quietfly

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning Lariat SR
I see at least here in SOCAL that tesla has a number of model Y's that can be delivered within weeks. Im guessing that their softening demand and cars readily available contributed to the price cut. Im not seeing that over on the Ford side. They still are saying almost 6 months till delivery for an ordered vehicle. Im surprised they lowered prices so quickly without a glut of cars on the lots.

steve
Here in Northern NJ you can get a Tesla in a matter of days. including the unicorn "3 seat model X"

dirtdiver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Superduty F350, F150L 2022 Larait, Volt, R1200GS
Occupation
Engineer
My wife is still happy with her 2017 Volt and we like the plug in hybrid aspect of having ~50miles of electric. That being said, Im wondering if this is a one time good deal for electric cars from Tesla and Ford. The price cuts with the $7500 on top of that. Probs not desperate to replace her car for another year or two at least.