• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro Charger Wifi Help

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Howdy all,

I've lurked on here for months and really enjoyed all the great information that people have put in the forums and thank you for that. I need help with my pro charger. I got it a couple of weeks ago and I like everyone else have the 80amp problem where it stops and turns back on again. My is issue is that my wifi didn't seem strong enough to get the charger on my network. I have since increased my mesh network to include the area of my drive way. My truck has no problem getting on the network so I know the network is available. I did a factory reset of my charger and connected to it, and now it can't find any wireless networks. Not even the neighbor's who it could see before. I've done a factory reset 3 times now and still the same thing. Does anybody have any idea on what I could do to fix this. Or is there a way I can just push the update to the charger via the usb port on the circuit board? Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give all the information I had. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Howdy all,

I've lurked on here for months and really enjoyed all the great information that people have put in the forums and thank you for that. I need help with my pro charger. I got it a couple of weeks ago and I like everyone else have the 80amp problem where it stops and turns back on again. My is issue is that my wifi didn't seem strong enough to get the charger on my network. I have since increased my mesh network to include the area of my drive way. My truck has no problem getting on the network so I know the network is available. I did a factory reset of my charger and connected to it, and now it can't find any wireless networks. Not even the neighbor's who it could see before. I've done a factory reset 3 times now and still the same thing. Does anybody have any idea on what I could do to fix this. Or is there a way I can just push the update to the charger via the usb port on the circuit board? Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to give all the information I had. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Originally when setting up my FCSP, it never saw my Netgear mesh network although my truck parked adajacent to the FSCP was connected with no issues.

I chose to manually entered the SSID at the prompt, followed by my network password, The software found my network and connected with no issues following @FlasherZ ’s recommended approach/procedure posted elsewhere on this forum. Not FCSP connectivity issues for the past month……

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Firestop do you have a link to that approach?
From within the FCSP Setup app during the Setup routine, you should get this screen popping up if the app isn’t ”seeing“ your WiFi network. Selecting “My WiFi isn’t Listed” will bring up the second (attached photo) app screen….

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Charger Wifi Help B5B04A87-4996-49B0-ABFB-0194E069F347

Manually typ in your Network’s name (SSID), Security Type, and password….hopefully, it will find and connect to it (🤞 mine did🤓). Hope this helps/works!
Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Charger Wifi Help 9542916B-A9EE-45F1-8A5A-BABE0DB135CD

OP
OP

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Ok, weirdly enough I had actually tried that earlier and it said it didn't connect to my station. Then I noticed on my router it had an IP address assigned to it. So I added the charge station manually in the ford pass app and I was able to change the amperage. So I guess it was added? I still can't seem to see it in the Charge Station App. Not sure why. Any ideas?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Howdy all,

Hi there, Kent. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok, weirdly enough I had actually tried that earlier and it said it didn't connect to my station. Then I noticed on my router it had an IP address assigned to it. So I added the charge station manually in the ford pass app and I was able to change the amperage. So I guess it was added? I still can't seem to see it in the Charge Station App. Not sure why. Any ideas?
It looks like you’ve garnered @Ford Motor Company ‘s attention here, so I’ll just say I find viewing the FCSP through the FCSP Setup App can be problematic after the initial setup/connection to WiFi can be problematic. I find the search for your connected FCSP can sometimes take up to 2 minutes….sometimes it will say it can’t find one🤔.

After linking my FCSP to my FordPass, I found viewing the FCSP easier through the FordPass App and only use the FCSP Setup App if I need to reconfigure the WiFi. Good idea to check your WiFi networ for the devices connected to it 👍. That is how I confirmed my FCSP was connected…I sa the FCSP’s MAC address amongst the list of connected devices…….

OP
OP

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Yeah I've had all sorts of trouble with the charger app. The weird thing is the network router says it sees the Charger and it has an IP. But when I look at my DHCP server it doesn't have lease. Weird, but at least I was able to downgrade my amperage so it would stop turning on and off. Hopefully I'll get the charger update to .68 soon and that will fix the 80amp bug. From what I've read it can take about a week before it updates itself. Hopefully sooner.

OP
OP

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Well just an update. I updated the firmware on my routers and now the charger isn't connected to wifi anymore. So I'll investigate and report back

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I had my FCSP installed today and encountered some issues getting it connected to wifi. I had to do a hard reset a couple of times because it seems to only broadcast the startup ssid for a short time. I also had to go in and set my network to 2.4 for a short time because I couldn't get my phone to connect to the 2.4 network just like the FCSP. Once I did that it connected and was able to pass the credentials.

Sponsored

F150LER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
I’ve tried all these tricks, I saw the broadcast briefly on first setup. Cannot get it broadcast again and other option is not working.

OP
OP

wvlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Just and update for all those who have issues. I have been able to connect the charger. The issue I was having after I was able to connect to the FCSP, was it couldn't find the networks. So here is what I did, I went ahead and manually typed in my wifi and password, then it would "try and connect" and fail, but I would notice that my phone would disconnect from the FCSP network. Then I go to the ford pass app, and manually add the charger. Then I was able to see the charger and set the amperage. As for the charger app, I was finally able to access the charger on it, but had to make sure I was on the same wifi (if it is on the 5Ghz, make sure you are on the 5Ghz), it took a bit but it did work.

duncanmclain

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat ER
Occupation
Supreme Galactic Commander
Just and update for all those who have issues. I have been able to connect the charger. The issue I was having after I was able to connect to the FCSP, was it couldn't find the networks. So here is what I did, I went ahead and manually typed in my wifi and password, then it would "try and connect" and fail, but I would notice that my phone would disconnect from the FCSP network. Then I go to the ford pass app, and manually add the charger. Then I was able to see the charger and set the amperage. As for the charger app, I was finally able to access the charger on it, but had to make sure I was on the same wifi (if it is on the 5Ghz, make sure you are on the 5Ghz), it took a bit but it did work.
I'm fairly sure I am in the exact same position you are in.

The setup was a fairly easy process up until I needed to join it to my Network where it would not find any of the wireless networks around me. I did attempt to manually configure the settings for my network which also failed, but it did disconnect from the FCSP, and I manually added the charger..

However, has anyone went back to the charger and been able to get it to attach to a network? If so, how?

duncanmclain

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat ER
Occupation
Supreme Galactic Commander
I have not. I will likely try again tomorrow. Reset the Breaker wait 5 minutes and connect to the charger one more time.
Sponsored