• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro power timer and questions

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
I was running pro power today branding and some other farm chores. I have the timer off but it kept shutting down. Anyone else notice this? Is there any other reason it might turn off?
I also wish that pro power could run without the truck on. Currently I’m filling the solar well ( very cloudy this week) and it’s going to be a couple hours in a remote location. @Ford Motor Company i really want to be able to turn pro power on with the truck off for 15 hours or so with just the outlets on.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro power timer and questions 09520D64-7D00-4C4D-B444-C2BC441241EA

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro power timer and questions 22B4E6AC-BA88-40E8-8FA4-E5CFDC43B5C1
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
You need to disable the power down timer for the truck itself, not just Pro Power.

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I’m having the same issue, and the power down timer is off. Not only does Sync show its off, I also get a warning that since the timer is off, pro power will continue until my battery reaches the reserve.

I plugged in a car fridge to the frunk ports. It states the frunk outlet covers are open, with a “limit power to 400w?” question. I don’t even understand because if the cover were closed…then nothing is plugged in. And why limit to 400w?

Anyway, it powers the fridge fine, I lock the doors with the vehicle on and walk away. Two hours later it’s still on. Then 20 min later, it’s off. I go back and turn it on, gives me all the same messages. Half an hour later, it’s off. I go back and turn it on, same thing. Repeat. 20 min, 30 min, 40 min, 2 hours. It’s all random. My reserve is set to 50 miles and I have 176. I used like 2% the entire time, 5-6 hours. But it constantly turned off.

skyak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, 911, Lightning
I’m having the same issue, and the power down timer is off. Not only does Sync show its off, I also get a warning that since the timer is off, pro power will continue until my battery reaches the reserve.

I plugged in a car fridge to the frunk ports. It states the frunk outlet covers are open, with a “limit power to 400w?” question. I don’t even understand because if the cover were closed…then nothing is plugged in. And why limit to 400w?

Anyway, it powers the fridge fine, I lock the doors with the vehicle on and walk away. Two hours later it’s still on. Then 20 min later, it’s off. I go back and turn it on, gives me all the same messages. Half an hour later, it’s off. I go back and turn it on, same thing. Repeat. 20 min, 30 min, 40 min, 2 hours. It’s all random. My reserve is set to 50 miles and I have 176. I used like 2% the entire time, 5-6 hours. But it constantly turned off.
Frustrating.

OP
OP
Farmford42

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Power out here. Several thoughts.
Timer should notify app and ask about shut down.
Timer should be able to set to off permanently. I hate that thing. And the truck power off timer. I regularly use the truck power for various things and want to walk away for an hour while motors run or things charge.
Pro power warnings are all over the place and don’t make any sense. I know I am using pro power. Stop telling me. If you need to, say the power is on when I try and shift out of park. Say that in a pop up not a beep.
Pro power needs to work without truck on.
Area lighting should also be able to stay on as long as I want.
Pro power shut off should be in battery percentage as an option.
Really think that ford should send a team out to ride and talk with everyone in the 2022 year and talk about what works and what doesn’t work. Love the truck but it needs a tighter feedback response loop.
Sponsored