• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pro & XLT trims closed already??? (As of 9/8/2022)

LFD81

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-250, 2022 F-150 Lightning (reserved)
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Can anyone confirm the rumor that the Pro & XLT trims are again sold out?

If true I’m beyond frustrated with this entire process. I reserved the first week that reservations were accepted (5/28/2021). I’m trying to be patient and understanding but this is getting tough enduring huge price hikes
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Confirmed.

Did you get an invite to this wave?

If not, hope you don't get one until MY24 opens. If you get an invite now for MY23 you either order what's available or your deposit is refunded and you lose your reservation.

OP
OP
LFD81

LFD81

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Confirmed.

Did you get an invite to this wave?

If not, hope you don't get one until MY24 opens. If you get an invite now for MY23 you either order what's available or your deposit is refunded and you lose your reservation.
I have NOT received my invite yet. Are you serious regarding losing my reservation if I’m invited to convert in MY23 and I refuse the Lariat or Platinum???? If that’s the case it is a HUGE gut punch to Ford Customers

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have NOT received my invite yet. Are you serious regarding losing my reservation if I’m invited to convert in MY23 and I refuse the Lariat or Platinum???? If that’s the case it is a HUGE gut punch to Ford Customers
Unfortunately I am serious. This here is the absolute worst thing Ford is doing about all this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LFD81

LFD81

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Unfortunately I am serious. This here is the absolute worst thing Ford is doing about all this.
Absolutely unbelievable and deplorable. Ford giving its customers who have been patiently waiting for their opportunity to get the trim they desire and getting the big FU from Ford 😡😡😡

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
This information can be found here:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...htning-reservation-closure-order-information/

Specfically:

"How many waves will there be for the 2023 MY production?
There is not a set number of waves. The number of waves will be adjusted throughout the process based on available commodities and order rates from each previous wave. Invitations to order a 2023 MY will continue to be sent to reservation holders until 2023 MY production is fulfilled. Any remaining reservation holders will be invited to order in subsequent model years."

"If my preferred vehicle configuration is not available, can I hold my place in line for a later MY vehicle?
No, once invited to order, you will have the availability to select any of the current models available. You can also cancel your reservation and receive a deposit refund at any time."

So if you are invited in one of the MY23 Waves and don't purchase, you lose your reservation. However, if you are far enough down the list and get into one of the MY24 waves you might be able to buy a Pro or XLT.

TF1000

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Prius Prime, 1996 Ram 1500
This is absolutely ridiculous. 5/19 reservation, still no invite to order, and now I’m priced out and can’t even defer my reservation when and if I get an invite to order.
Did you get the survey from Ford a few days ago? If you did and stated you wanted a pro it seems like they will hold your reservation until they are available (probably MY24 or later). I might be wrong but this is how I understood it. Big question is what their price increases will be by then.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Did you get the survey from Ford a few days ago? If you did and stated you wanted a pro it seems like they will hold your reservation until they are available (probably MY24 or later). I might be wrong but this is how I understood it. Big question is what their price increases will be by then.
Interesting, that'd be awesome! Where did you find this info?

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
I answered the survey that I was only interested in the Pro. However, I still was invited to order in Wave 3 despite Pro's being sold out. I won't be happy if I can't simply wait for a Pro to become available in MY24.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

TF1000

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Prius Prime, 1996 Ram 1500
No

No, I had placed my order on 8/11 so I didn't get the survey, but I know others have. I didn't realize it said you can extend or hold out for a MY24 Pro? Where did you see that?
It wasn't very clear but the wording seemed to be if you selected the pro they wouldn't send you an invite until MY24 when they became available again. There was no guarantee that they would make enough MY24 pro to satisfy everyone though. I could be wrong but others in the thread thought the same.

Since you already got the chance to order it looks like this unfortunately doesn't apply to you.

Edit. The survey was asking what you (me) wanted to do. It never said Ford would honor it.

Last edited:

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
This is absolutely ridiculous. 5/19 reservation, still no invite to order, and now I’m priced out and can’t even defer my reservation when and if I get an invite to order.
This really is crappy. I was a 5/19 reservation and i did get the invitation to order. I ordered a Lariat Extended Range and the estimated MSRP is over $89,000. I'm honestly blown away. I know everything is more expensive now, but there are a TON of options at that price point. It's wild. And so if people can't get an XLT or Pro, they either have to settle for Standard Range and pay over 70k or they have to get in that 85k+ zone for a pickup that can't tow a camper 200 miles without recharging.

I don't fault Ford for charging a lot for premium trims, but I do fault Ford for completely failing to deliver any reasonable volume of trucks for under 60K after rebates.

I've been having a lot of heartburn over choosing the Extended range Lariat. If I made enough compromises I could maybe get a Lariat standard range under the $80K cap and still get the tax rebate. Hard to feel like the extended range and the bells and some of the other add ons are worth more than a $15,000 difference.

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
I have a hard on when they advertise a 39,974 base truck, and when you order it within 2 hours....a year and a half later....they say...virtually, due to no Pro/XLT....you have to spend 75k...even if you got an XLT, it is mid 60s. A far cry from the 39,974 that they took a deposit for. I guess kind of like a black friday, when they have "ONE" 75" tv for 200 bucks, then the other 75" tv's are 1900...especially if you put a DEPOSIT on that TV...
Sponsored

Last edited: