• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Two of the Project "T3" prototypes:

Ford F-150 Lightning 'Project T3' Next-Gen Electric Ford Truck to be built at BlueOval City 1679675254207
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
a rising [interest rate] tide raises all [used] boats :D

but also, yes, demand for new BEVs is skyrocketing into limited supply, which helps to generally stabilize used prices - especially for Tesla, who makes very few between-year iterations within its models

But I suspect 7 year old Chevy bolts aren’t doing as hot right now

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I watched the full thing live, not too much info here to get excited about. Unless you live in TN, then I think this factory is going to be a great employment opportunity.

Only two things I walked away thinking were.
1) A smaller factory that's more efficient was pitched. It was too similar to the manufacturing discussion in the Tesla Investor Day video, though without any specifics. I really hope Ford can reinvent its manufacturing processes at the new sites and help bring costs down, but it's going to be a challenge. ICE is keeping margins somewhat steady, they really need to figure out EV margins quickly.
2) Factory will produce no waste that will go into a landfill? How's that possible?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
What a shame we keep tearing up greenfield to produce more industrial plants when there are abandoned brownfield sites that could be redeveloped.

Take, for example, the new Marshall battery plant. Ford has numerous sites around Michigan, that they already own, that could have been redeveloped to achieve the same result. And Ford wouldn't have had to beg Michigan taxpayers for over half a billion dollars for infrastructure improvements to get the systems they need for the plant to viable.

Hell, Ford is tearing up an old golf course in Monroe, Michigan to build a new warehouse. Not 2 miles away is their old Monroe Stamping plant. The ground is so contaminated there that it can never be used for anything else, so the building just sits there and rots.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Totally different truck from the lightning. Will be working on eyes free driving.

Sponsored

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
I grew up about 30 minutes from the site. The impact on West Tennessee will be absolutely HUGE. Very exciting…Ford helping schools and governments to prepare for the new opportunities. Very cool.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
He's been hinting at this truck for over a year now. I think we deserve at least a conservative estimate of a spec or 2.

detansinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Battery
It’s going to be unibody bullshit. Pass
I like the Lightning, because it’s an F150.

With that being said, thanks to the battery fire, for almost two months, my truck has been stuck in a transit hold less than an hour from my house. I would be a lot more impressed if Ford would actually deliver the truck that I ordered than tell me about other new products.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It'll be interesting and I'm truly surprised we haven't seen any kind of prototypes or design. Maybe it is just to keep from cannibalizing the Lightning.

Major issue 1 is continued relationship with the current battery manufacture and the other is that they didn't show the solar panels on the roof that spell Tesla.

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't think they are tied to their battery supplier. Ford seems to be using SK, LG and CATL. They've also been hinting/planning to make use of solid power when it reaches a production level which could line up with 2025 since they are already being tested in Europe. By the time this truck hits full production the battery landscape could be very different.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2) Factory will produce no waste that will go into a landfill? How's that possible?
What the heck. I bought a new vehicle and there's empty mcdonalds cups and bag in the back seat and 2 bags of trash in the frunk and a bent up extra bumper in the bed??
Sponsored