• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Promo video for the new Scout EV SUV & Pickup: "America's Next Shot"

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I absolutely LOVE IT!

Yes. I know the promo is all about "America's Next shot", but it's a German company (Volkswagen), but if they plan to build them here I hope they succeed.

They don't mention it in the video, but as far as I know, they only intend to build EVs.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
I absolutely LOVE IT!

Yes. I know the promo is all about "America's Next shot", but it's a German company (Volkswagen), but if they plan to build them here I hope they succeed.

They don't mention it in the video, but as far as I know, they only intend to build EVs.
Yes, EV SUV and EV pickup versions only. And confirmed for production in the U.S. at a new EV plant to be built: https://www.scoutevforum.com/forum/...uth-carolina-plant-press-release-added.10862/

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
I find it amazing that a German Car manufacturer somehow wants you to believe they are as American as a 1970 apple pie.

Those images of the 70's Scout sure looks great .... but, does it match reality? 😁

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
I find it amazing that a German Car manufacturer somehow wants you to believe they are as American as a 1970 apple pie.

Those images of the 70's Scout sure looks great .... but, does it match reality? 😁
For what it's worth, in this global economy, I'd rather see a foreign company build vehicles here than see American companies build theirs in Canada and Mexico.

New factories are a big deal to me. It provides jobs to the people building the factory, plus jobs when it's completed and in it gives the entire area a boost.

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
I just think their choice of name is rather strange. Of course they tried making a similar vehicle before.... that didn't turn out so well, just like the original Scout
Ford F-150 Lightning Promo video for the new Scout EV SUV & Pickup: "America's Next Shot" 1679353461143
Sponsored