• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Promotional emails are cruel and unusual punishment

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
The fact that we get these dumb automated brochures instead of some actual communication from Ford is very frustrating. I'm sure we're not the target audience since most of us have poured over every little detail the internet has to offer, but it still seems odd that they're not even talking about the livestreams.

Hell, it'd be fine if they had slowly released more information in these marketing emails over time, instead of dumping it all in May and releasing nothing else since then.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Believe it or not, there's people driving around who haven't even heard of the Lightning. Back in the day, unless you had a subscription to a few of the automotive mags, you were pretty much in the dark until new cars reached the showrooms or hit the roads. I remember there was a really good German one that had information way before even Autoweek. Of course once I had my driver's license and started driving many of the cars that I had been reading about, I immediately canceled most of those subscriptions after realizing they were shills for the manufacturers.

I thought it was pretty crazy though when they were still doing TV commercials for F-150 sales promotions when the assembly lines were shut down and dealer lots were empty.

Also, be glad that you're not in the shoes of some of the Bronco guys; getting pictures of your new truck on the assembly line with a hearty congratulations from Ford after your dealer pulls a fast one to sell it out from under you at a $15K+ markup.

OP
OP
StephanWolf

StephanWolf

First Name
Stephan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Believe it or not, there's people driving around who haven't even heard of the Lightning. Back in the day, unless you had a subscription to a few of the automotive mags, you were pretty much in the dark until new cars reached the showrooms or hit the roads. I remember there was a really good German one that had information way before even Autoweek. Of course once I had my driver's license and started driving many of the cars that I had been reading about, I immediately canceled most of those subscriptions after realizing they were shills for the manufacturers.

I thought it was pretty crazy though when they were still doing TV commercials for F-150 sales promotions when the assembly lines were shut down and dealer lots were empty.

Also, be glad that you're not in the shoes of some of the Bronco guys; getting pictures of your new truck on the assembly line with a hearty congratulations from Ford after your dealer pulls a fast one to sell it out from under you at a $15K+ markup.
Yeah, that would be the worst. That just made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I received a promotional email from Ford today about all the wonderful features of the new F-150 Lightning. Yes, I already know every little detail about it. Just build my @!#$%^&* truck already, and take my money!

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
Fret not, there are three official lightning livestreams scheduled between now and when ordering becomes available that are guaranteed to fill your head with more information you already know.
Sponsored