• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Turns out that the pro-power onboard in the lightning is pretty useful at Munroe and Associates:

(You wouldn't want to do this with a ICE vehicle indoors).
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Some great marketing for Ford

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Turns out that the pro-power onboard in the lightning is pretty useful at Munroe and Associates:
(You wouldn't want to do this with a ICE vehicle indoors).
I saw that video too and it reminds all of us that even if we don’t sign up for the full scale SunRun installed full house backup, we still have the same 240v power outlet that every major generator uses, plus tons of 120v outlets.

When I was at the factory launch event in April, coincidentally the entire building had a power outage just minutes before the event. Many of the lights went out, but they ran a lot of stuff like music, food trucks and some of the other lights from a few Lightnings.

PS. I was lucky enough to meet Sandy at the event and he seemed pretty excited to get his hands on a Lightning to dive in deeper.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Fun-Employed
coincidentally the entire building had a power outage just minutes before the event. Many of the lights went out, but they ran a lot of stuff like music, food trucks and some of the other lights from a few Lightnings.
Coincidentally

Ford F-150 Lightning ProPower onboard generator proves useful to Sandy Munro during power outage 1662349449483

Sponsored

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Coincidentally

1662349449483.gif
I was in the middle of the factory floor shooting a video when it happened. At first I assumed they shut the factory floor lights off for a dramatic effect, so the stage would be the only thing lit when the live stream started, but I soon realized they had an actual power outage.

The stage and the expo area were still lit, and I know a lot of that was due to the fact that they wanted us to see how things like vendor trucks can run indoors on the batteries.

Coincidence... perhaps, but in Sandy's video they mentioned that they had people from all over the word for their event, and their entire town lost power, so the ability to use the lightning as a full scale generator for RVs or powering anything substantial is something Rivian and Tesla didn't build into their vehicles.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Coincidentally

1662349449483.gif
It wasn't an accident. An ITC transmission line tripped off and the whole Rouge site lost power. It wasn't fun picking up all the pieces in Body when the power came back on. Things don't like to just STOP at the flick of a switch.

Ironically, the REVC was on the last substation to be switched back on. The Electricians in Power had to wait until the launch event was over. I think Ford was trying to play it off like it was meant to happen. It wasn't.
Sponsored