• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'm not sure how many of you know, but TX has a $2500 rebate that will apply for the Lightning, all models I believe. The key is they are restricted to only 2000 rebates. There is good news and bad news, bad news it looks like they are going fast. The really GOOD news - you can apply /"reserve" your rebate before you get your truck.

So - the link - https://www.tceq.texas.gov/airquality/terp/ld.html/

They have counters on the page - how many have been awarded, and they've just added counts for applications and reservations. The reservation is easy. You can fill it out and then send to your dealer to have them send it in for you. It requires the dealer to send it. They have to attach a copy of your order. On mine I put an estimated deliver date of June 15 (I'm a May build) and the state has sent me my reservation holding it until Mid August.

Per the counts these could be going fast, so I suggest you act pretty quickly if you have not. I'll try to tag most of you TX folks I've found so you'll get a notification o this message. I've "Followed" some of you, not to be creepy but so I can find you and tagging those that have replied to the DFW thread too. Apologies if you don't get tagged. Please share this with fellow TX purchasers.

@Tenetke @TexasGuy @22Lightning_DFW @Artificial Intelligence @iceman77 @JayKay @kbuicker @webspoke @emmelj @illusion86 @webspoke @MickeyAO
Sponsored

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
Not sure but I’ll need it to help cover the ADM my dealer has… $10k. TriState in Amarillo. Wish Bob Tomes was a little closer and I would have tried to order through them.

• Wow
Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Does this work if I buy in Texas and live in OKC?
I don't recall all details, but I'm going to say likely no. I know the truck must be purchased in TX, as I was originally going to purchase in OK until I found about this and moved my order (well due to ADM at the OK dealer too.)

I believe it is for residents only, but please skim through the rules listed on the TCEQ page.

webspoke

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning! F450, GT500
Thanks for this, I knew about out, but did not know how many would be available, and used up. Sent my form to my dealer gm for him to submit.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
@rlbussard - I missed you. Calling attention to the rebate if you aren't familiar with it. I'll try to pull one of the order listings and tag all ID's that show a TX order.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
@rlbussard - I missed you. Calling attention to the rebate if you aren't familiar with it. I'll try to pull one of the order listings and tag all ID's that show a TX order.
Sweet, thanks for including me. I'll I'll do it when I get back from playing disc golf this morning. A surprising the Texas gives anything, they're a very anti-environmental concern state.

emmelj

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Tesla M3
I reserved mine awhile ago for a reservation. Thanks for posting for everyone.

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I am doing this now. All the paperwork sounds like this is a business credit with all these responses for company names. So can we still do this as a regular consumer?

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I am doing this now. All the paperwork sounds like this is a business credit with all these responses for company names. So can we still do this as a regular consumer?
Yes - be sure and check the form you have pulled down. There is a section on "How to Apply". You want the form for a reservation since we don't have our trucks yet. Here is a screen shot and I've attached the form I filled out, then sent to my dealer who sent it to the state.

Ford F-150 Lightning PSA - Texas $2500 EV Rebate - YOU NEED TO ACT NOW! Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 7.48.46 PM

Attachments

Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Yes - be sure and check the form you have pulled down. There is a section on "How to Apply". You want the form for a reservation since we don't have our trucks yet. Here is a screen shot and I've attached the form I filled out, then sent to my dealer who sent it to the state.

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 7.48.46 PM.png
Awesome. I started doing all the other forms and then realized that I only needed the reservation page. At least I have them all when it comes time. That EPA form was a bit harder to find, but I got it. Thanks.

• Love

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I submitted my reservation paperwork by email yesterday. How long does it take to get a response and or get a reservation number?

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
Also, I have another question. Is this only for trucks or does my 2021 Mach E qualify for this as well?

tx_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150, 2022 Lightning XLT XR
Nice. I just submitted my rebate reservation form.

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I submitted my reservation paperwork by email yesterday. How long does it take to get a response and or get a reservation number?
Also, I have another question. Is this only for trucks or does my 2021 Mach E qualify for this as well?
Mine was submitted on a Monday and I received an email from TCEQ on Wednesday afternoon with my reservation number and an expiration date of mid-August. So Ford needs to get on the ball with their shipping.

The MachE also qualifies. From the link in post #1 - the TERP pages, click step 1 - Eligibility. There is a list of qualifying autos. The MachE is there.
Sponsored