• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Railroad Profit-Making Strategy Comes at a Cost (A looming strike and struggles with a proposed merger)

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Oh no!

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Sweet jebus I hope they figure something out.

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Deregulation and unrestrained capitalism working at 110% to better all our lives!

So much of my KC family worked for the railroads and gave so much to those companies. My grandpa broke his back working for one. They were always proud of their work. It’s a shame to see the system completely failing their customers, employees, and communities. 😕

Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
That is a good read and it hammers home that few people pay attention to this industry, even though it's of huge import to us all.

I think it's safe to say that this industry is not alone, however. We all have friends or family--maybe we just shop somewhere--where we can see these folks feel unrelenting pressure to perform their jobs with less support and consideration than they should be afforded. Remember to treat others well and to try to give them benefit of doubt... unless they're car dealers trying to charge tens of thousands of unexpected ADM on your order. Then all bets are off, am I right? :D

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
I say a 5% chance it actually happens. The government will intervene.
I'm not going to make this about politics... but do you REALLY think the government will intervene? That's all I need say...

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I'm not going to make this about politics... but do you REALLY think the government will intervene? That's all I need say...
This will be catastrophically bad. I really hope someone does. Guess we'll find out next week and they'll be no more guessing if someone took action or not.

Emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E
Yes. They always do. Obama had to in 2011. Although they didn’t beforehand in 1992 and there was a 2 day strike, that’s the 5%. They did pass law ending the strike (more lockout) on the 2nd day.

Sponsored

Emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E
This will be catastrophically bad. I really hope someone does. Guess we'll find out next week and they'll be no more guessing if someone took action or not.
I think Sunday it gets delayed before it can begin. At least for 60 more days.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring