• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I like the hood scoop and dual exhaust notches on the bumper. I’ll bet the fake noise is awesome.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think putting the existing ram body on a new chassis is a good idea. Ford did the same thing. That is why most of us like the lightning so much.

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
I think putting the existing ram body on a new chassis is a good idea. Ford did the same thing. That is why most of us like the lightning so much.
This is just a mule, body isn't ready yet and will be completely different. Closer the the GM ev's than the Ford

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
Are they going to call it thunder or something similar to lightning same as they did with the TREX and Raptor?🤣

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Are they going to call it thunder or something similar to lightning same as they did with the TREX and Raptor?🤣
Not thunder. Thunder follows Lightning. Bad marketing.

Though if they did it would make the "NO THNDR" custom plates I ordered if more apropo!

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
They really not doing a frunk like the Lightning? Wow, cheapness.

I saw what the OEM Dodge power sliding rear window assembly looks like at a glass shop while having a back window installed in my Lightning. Pretty crappy. The housing and tracks are plastic and apparently they can crack and leak water - says the glass shop. Thought Ford cheaped out but seeing it could be much worse. This can't be the current body style right? The truck looks old with those lights.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

I saw what the OEM Dodge power sliding rear window assembly looks like at a glass shop while having a back window installed in my Lightning. Pretty crappy. The housing and tracks are plastic and apparently they can crack and leak water - says the glass shop. Thought Ford cheaped out but seeing it could be much worse. This can't be the current body style right? The truck looks old with those lights.
I wouldn't take anything about the body as actually reflecting the final product. Likely just a drivetrain test mule.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Right now, this is at the same stage as the lightning was when Ford released this video:

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Structure is similar to Lightning. Too late.

I don't think so. Ram has alluded to a new(unique) body style for the Ram EV.

I am interested in 400mi+ range AND possible range extender

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
I’m interested and will hope they do a good job. The more EVs on the road, the better the infrastructure will be. If they pull off a credible range extender or 500 miles, I’ll be trading in my Lightning in a few years.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
I’m interested and will hope they do a good job. The more EVs on the road, the better the infrastructure will be. If they pull off a credible range extender or 500 miles, I’ll be trading in my Lightning in a few years.
I would love the longer range, but with the price increases in just about everything since I ordered, I couldn't beat what I am getting for the price. I was up in the air with the Silverado but when the payload came out, I couldn't deal with such a small amount so I made the best choice (for myself at least). I assume my next EV will be so different from my first in terms of range and capability (and cost!) that it will be hard to believe I lived through the first gen.
Sponsored