• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ram Revolution Pickup Concept Unveiled Today 1/5/2023 at CES at 5:30P ET + Ram Roomba Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber

There's not a lot of information out there but TFL showed a bit of the frame and a weird Roomba-like charging system:

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
That charger looks very interesting. Looks like some magnets on top to aid alignment. The power cord doesn't look much bigger than a standard power cable, I wonder how fast it can charge? It's a little gimmicky, sure. But I like that Ram is potentially building in wireless charging as I think it will be a big factor in the future. There's some Korean companies that have made major progress in automotive wireless charging capabilities that should make their way here in the not so distant future. I get off work right as it starts and will be listening in on my commute home. Good chance I'll plunk down some cash to reserve (assuming they let us reserve a non-$100k top line spec version).

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
The power cord doesn't look much bigger than a standard power cable
I noticed the same thing about the charger. It's an early concept and the cord is probably just for the Roomba's motors.

I'm most interested in seeing how they implement the PHEV version. A PHEV F150 should be a no-brainer and maybe this will convince Ford to go that direction.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Competition is always a good thing, but I'll let a different segment of the population support RAM. My money will be in a Cybertruck if I replace the Lightning.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Competition is always a good thing, but I'll let a different segment of the population support RAM. My money will be in a Cybertruck if I replace the Lightning.
I’m reserving one for my cousin in his name who’s driving a tractor trailer for UPS today.

I might reserve one for myself just to get in line, just in case. I have a CyberTruck reservation, but not getting my hopes up, that seems to have stalled or moving at snails pace, not to mention the shortage of materials.

Sponsored
OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Plumber
I’m reserving one for my cousin in his name who’s driving a tractor trailer for UPS today.
I'm assuming they'll open reservations today, but is this confirmed? Is there a link?

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I'm assuming they'll open reservations today, but is this confirmed? Is there a link?
I’m just assuming and you know what they say about that. I will be on their company sales website refreshing and watching the debut link to see if there’s something added today during reveal. I hope there is.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
I might reserve one for myself just to get in line, just in case. I have a CyberTruck reservation, but not getting my hopes up, that seems to have stalled or moving at snails pace, not to mention the shortage of materials.
Yeah, probably placing a just-in-case reservation if I don't have to commit to the top $100K+ model.

I have a Cybertruck reservation as well and have been following its development very closely. Tesla seems to be clicking along rather well lately in terms of CT production. The second casting machine should be getting delivered about now. First one is apparently online. Test frames and "bodies in white" have appeared, which look to be somewhat hand-assembled at this point. I'd say their target for first deliveries later this year are not only achievable, but even a bit conservative. They clarified and reaffirmed at the Semi launch that the top Cybertruck spec will have 500 miles of range.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The inductive charger is interesting, as long as the cord is auto winding so you don't trip on it. I wonder how the underside of the truck being wet and muddy, and possibly covered in slush and snow will affect it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
The inductive charger is interesting, as long as the cord is auto winding so you don't trip on it. I wonder how the underside of the truck being wet and muddy, and possibly covered in slush and snow will affect it.
That was my concern as well, great concept for a mild weather region of the country though.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
If it's based on the tech that Genesis is using, it should be fine. I don't think it needs to attach to the vehicle, just be within a certain distance/alignment.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.