• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rapid Battery Drain From 100%

atunker

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I’ve had my Lightning Pro for a couple months now and have been loving it. It did stop working the very first day of ownership due to a faulty charge plate which was resolved by the dealership which I’ll have to share on another thread. I’ve been away the last several weeks and left the truck with my wife. To save on expensive west coast gas, she took to the Lightning to Vegas from California and has been driving it these last two weeks there. Before I left town I set the target charge level to 100% to maximize her mileage as this is her first experience with an electric vehicle, and she was going to be using it away from home. When she uses the vehicle, it shows charge complete to 100% both in the Ford app and in the vehicle. But every time she backs down the driveway, it consistently drains instantly to 94-96% after backing up only 20 feet. I haven’t experienced this personally as when I’m home, I keep the target charge level set to 90%. Has anyone else experienced this with their Lightning? I’m wondering if there is an issue with the battery/charging system or potentially related to the original charge plate issue.

She also get‘s horrible efficiency (less than 1.8 mi/kWh) but she has been driving mostly on the highway and is a speed demon.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I’ve had my Lightning Pro for a couple months now and have been loving it. It did stop working the very first day of ownership due to a faulty charge plate which was resolved by the dealership which I’ll have to share on another thread. I’ve been away the last several weeks and left the truck with my wife. To save on expensive west coast gas, she took to the Lightning to Vegas from California and has been driving it these last two weeks there. Before I left town I set the target charge level to 100% to maximize her mileage as this is her first experience with an electric vehicle, and she was going to be using it away from home. When she uses the vehicle, it shows charge complete to 100% both in the Ford app and in the vehicle. But every time she backs down the driveway, it consistently drains instantly to 94-96% after backing up only 20 feet. I haven’t experienced this personally as when I’m home, I keep the target charge level set to 90%. Has anyone else experienced this with their Lightning? I’m wondering if there is an issue with the battery/charging system or potentially related to the original charge plate issue.

She also get‘s horrible efficiency (less than 1.8 mi/kWh) but she has been driving mostly on the highway and is a speed demon.
Northern or Southern CA? It could be the cold if it is Northern CA...

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Are you charging on 120 or 240? How long after reaching 100% is she driving?

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
IMHO, set it at Ford-recommended 90% or 95%, if you must. Don't worry about the dark science behind what the battery is doing to protect itself.
Sponsored