• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RAPID RED F-150 Lightning Photos & Club

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
Rapid Red (premium color) | 2022 F-150 Lightning

Note tire wear from aggressive driving

Ford F-150 Lightning RAPID RED F-150 Lightning Photos & Club Rapid Red F150 Lightning EV Pickup 4

Ford F-150 Lightning RAPID RED F-150 Lightning Photos & Club Rapid Red F150 Lightning EV Pickup 6

Ford F-150 Lightning RAPID RED F-150 Lightning Photos & Club Rapid Red F150 Lightning EV Pickup 5

Ford F-150 Lightning RAPID RED F-150 Lightning Photos & Club Rapid Red F150 Lightning EV Pickup 3

Ford F-150 Lightning RAPID RED F-150 Lightning Photos & Club Rapid Red F150 Lightning EV Pickup 2

Ford F-150 Lightning RAPID RED F-150 Lightning Photos & Club Rapid Red F150 Lightning EV Pickup 1
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
The alignment of the right side of the light bar is really bothering me for some reason. I've seen it in many different press/spy photos so it's not just this model.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
I’m hoping to see Rapid Red on a pro model soon to see how much more “work truck” like it looks. I’ve scoured the internet and haven’t seen an example yet.

Sponsored

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
I’m hoping to see Rapid Red on a pro model soon to see how much more “work truck” like it looks. I’ve scoured the internet and haven’t seen an example yet.
I'm looking forward to seeing a rapid red pro soon too. I thought I was set on carbonized grey but am leaning towards rapid red. I priced and build an ICE truck version to try and get an idea but the color they have online is race red. It still looks very nice imo

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
You're far from the first, but this is likely the same pre-production model that has been making the rounds at the drive tours.

I'll be more concerned if the first units off the line has the issue.

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cayman T
Occupation
Attorney
It's the same issue Tesla Model X door handles have, they'll never line up perfectly and I wouldn't be surprised if production trucks have the same issue.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
You're far from the first, but this is likely the same pre-production model that has been making the rounds at the drive tours.

I'll be more concerned if the first units off the line has the issue.
I don't think its the same truck...the "drive tour" truck is a Red XLT..this is clearly a Lariat.(hint: check the mirrors-- XLTs have black mirrors, Lariat have body colored. Also-- Lariat has light bar across back tailgate, XLT does not)

I'm not that picky....and the alignment bothers me also...

UGH

Last edited:

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
I don't think its the same truck...the "drive tour" truck is a Red XLT..this is clearly a Lariat.(hint: check the mirrors-- XLTs have black mirrors, Lariat have body colored. Also-- Lariat has light bar across back tailgate, XLT does not)

I'm not that picky....and the alignment bothers me also...

UGH
Wow, I didn't catch that. You're right, this is clearly a Lariat. Still, I have to assume (and hope!) this is a preproduction. I can't unsee that gap anymore.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Wow, I didn't catch that. You're right, this is clearly a Lariat. Still, I have to assume (and hope!) this is a preproduction. I can't unsee that gap anymore.
Me either. I WAS a gung ho Rapid red guy but that gap has me rethinking that. The fact that it is on at least two separate trucks worries me a little...

I can't unsee it now...thanks to whomever pointed it out!!

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Since the order bank didn't open today.....you guys like my artwork ? That's what I call a Pro ;)
2021-10-26 (3).png
LOL Love it! I had thought about doing that so I could visualize Rapid Red on a Pro! It still looks good, I wonder what it would cost to have body shop color match the bumpers and mirrors?
Sponsored