• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RAV Buyback/Lemon Law

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2022 MME, 1960 F100
I am currently working with RAV on a buyback. Curious to see what other owners were offered/settled for.

My issues:
- Truck has been towed 3 times for power train malfunction.
- Battery modules have been replaced 2 times. Both times 2 modules have been replaced.
- Most recently, dealership has found a faulty accelerator pedal, corroded wires connecting to pedal, replaced brake booster.
- Truck has been out of service 36 days.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cardinalrule

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Florida law is fairly consumer friendly. I believe 15 days or 3 tries for the same issue qualifies. There's a form you sent to the dealer certified mail and they get 1 more try to fix an issue. I went through this process, they bought back with tax included. Was allowed to use that money for a different truck or model if desired - benefit is that you won't pay tax on the replacement since it's a "trade-in"
That's great to hear about the tax! I sent the form to Ford via certified mail about 2.5 weeks ago. A legal analyst from Ford consumer affairs reached out to me to establish a point of contact, but hasn't provided much information yet.

My other question is I paid 10k over sticker for my Lightning (I know, it was really stupid now looking back). All the verbiage says msrp to msrp when doing a replacement, or msrp for a repurchase. My cash price or (purchase price) on the buyers order says $93,738. Do they count msrp as the cash price?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
That's great to hear about the tax! I sent the form to Ford via certified mail about 2.5 weeks ago. A legal analyst from Ford consumer affairs reached out to me to establish a point of contact, but hasn't provided much information yet.

My other question is I paid 10k over sticker for my Lightning (I know, it was really stupid now looking back). All the verbiage says msrp to msrp when doing a replacement, or msrp for a repurchase. My cash price or (purchase price) on the buyers order says $93,738. Do they count msrp as the cash price?
This is where Ford needs to crack down on the dealers or pay up. Buy backs should be for what was paid, less any use or damage perhaps. If Ford allows them to be sold over sticker and they buy a truck back, the dealer should cough up the profit they made on the sale.

OP
OP
cardinalrule

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is where Ford needs to crack down on the dealers or pay up. Buy backs should be for what was paid, less any use or damage perhaps. If Ford allows them to be sold over sticker and they buy a truck back, the dealer should cough up the profit they made on the sale.

I plan on meeting with the dealership where I purchased the lightning to discuss this with them. Hopefully being a repeat buyer will help the situation out. Ive purchased 3 vehicles from them in the past year.

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
I am in process of resubmitting for my buyback (took a settlement last time) and am going to include the cost of the charging setup I put in at home. its not hardwired so it can go with the truck. Also, the discount they offer if you purchase another Ford is a fucking joke.

OP
OP
cardinalrule

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am in process of resubmitting for my buyback (took a settlement last time) and am going to include the cost of the charging setup I put in at home. its not hardwired so it can go with the truck. Also, the discount they offer if you purchase another Ford is a fucking joke.

Is it like $2,000?

They will have to give me my purchase price, plus tax, minus usage. Otherwise Ill continue with FL Lemon Law.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
OP
OP
cardinalrule

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had to lookup what RAV meant = Re Aquired Vehicle program. Here is link to a recent BuyBack and other options discussed in the ICE F150 forum:
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/update-working-on-a-buyback-replacement.14315/post-297289
must be some other RAV discussions in the forums.
Thanks Goodsam! I found a couple posts from a mache forum. Just trying to piece it all together as I’d like as much info as possible. It’s more than likely going to be a negotiation from what I hear.

OP
OP
cardinalrule

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealer is very motivated since its publicly reported. as lemon if approved

That was my initial thought, because an analyst from their consumer affairs department reached out to me the day after the certified letter was delivered. Now it's been crickets. Im keeping a call log and called 8 times and sent 5 emails that were left unreturned. I understand they have other cases, but trying the squeaky wheel gets the grease approach.

Sponsored

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
Any settlement will be deducted from my buyback, I was willing to keep the truck but since its throwing drivetrain errors yet again, I am done . I have to file a form with NYS when the buyback is complete to get my sales tax back

OP
OP
cardinalrule

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any settlement will be deducted from my buyback, I was willing to keep the truck but since its throwing drivetrain errors yet again, I am done . I have to file a form with NYS when the buyback is complete to get my sales tax back
Are the error codes throwing it into limp mode?

I got a text from my service advisor this morning saying the think they fixed it this time and for me to come and pick it up. I’m reluctant since it’s left me stranded 3 times needing to be towed. Once was 900 miles from home while on a road trip.

kwalt21

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just because someone decided to pay more than MSRP doesn't mean anyone but the individual who paid the mark-up should be responsible. It's called personal responsibility. I know its an uncommon thing these days!

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
Yes, and then I shut the truck off and it let me go on my way. Not my first time with this bullsht.
Sponsored