• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

readylift level, stock wheels?

syrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat 3.5L PowerBoost
outside of a few youtube videos, haven't seen any mention of folks leveling their trucks yet, and definitely haven't seen any keeping wheels stock. is everyone in wait and see mode or something??

i got to see a few lightning lariats on the lot today, hoping to get comfortable with keeping the rake but i just can't do it. i have to assume a level without bigger knobby tires won't be as big of a range hit as the 8%-10% hit seen in town & country videos.

i'll be getting the 2" readylift level and swapping out the stock tires with same size next week. i guess i can be the guinea pig, but can't believe more folks haven't pulled the trigger yet.
Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I’ve already pulled the trigger but my truck is non existent for another two weeks lol. I’m with ya on the rake, it’s gotta go.

Simpso57

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
What does it do to blue cruise and other sensors?

Bugs

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning
Occupation
Technology
I'm waiting for my Lariat (July 22-28) ER so I'm wondering the same thing on Blue Cruise/sensors... If no issues, I plan on leveling out the truck and getting some new tires but in the same size as stock to limit range loss.

PopsGG

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I am firmly in wait and see group. This is my first truck and I have never changed wheels on any vehicle. Please do post pictures and specific parts when you do upgrade.

I think I will keep the OEM tires and wheels in the garage and switch them out if I ever need to do cross country or long tow trips.

Sponsored

bp299

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Raptor
On the fence waiting for Fox to confirm their snap ons or coil overs can handle the heavier weight. The stock ride is very plush but way too bouncy.

OP
OP

syrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lead Foot Lariat 3.5L PowerBoost
reporting back - 2 inch readylift level, ceramic (graphene?) coat, stock wheels with some pretty tame michelin defender ltx a/s tires, same size as stock.

in terms of efficiency, only one data point, a 15 mile trip, 2.6 mi/kwh. mixed highway and around town. obviously means nothing without a control test. but seems about same as i was getting before with similar trips. may have some better data points next week with commute.

Ford F-150 Lightning readylift level, stock wheels? 20220805_153842

stock:

Ford F-150 Lightning readylift level, stock wheels? 20220728_155022
Sponsored