• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Recent Phone as a Key PAAK Update?

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Has anyone recently received the PaaK update? I received the 4.1.2 update today but still no PaaK. I'm trying to be patient but am suffering from FOMO!🥴
Sponsored

OP
OP
Henry Ford

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Received 4.1.3 last night, still no PaaK.

If I were to have a certain module flashed would that enable PaaK or force the OTA update? I don't even know what questions to ask to get this fixed. I could take it to the dealer but it will take at least half a day and I don't have confidence they'll know what to do.

Dgut

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Finance
Received 4.1.3 last night, still no PaaK.

If I were to have a certain module flashed would that enable PaaK or force the OTA update? I don't even know what questions to ask to get this fixed. I could take it to the dealer but it will take at least half a day and I don't have confidence they'll know what to do.
I ended up going the dealer route. I also bought a early build (March 2022). At first they didn’t have any idea what I was talking about. I directed them toSSM 51135 which I have seen on a few forums about the topic. Once the tech got it they updated the module and I had PAAK out of the gate.

Below is the write up on the order from the dealer if it helps.

CUSTOMER STATES PHONE-AS-A KEY FEATURE INOP - WONT RECOGNIZE TO CUSTOMERS PHONE ABLE TO VERIFY CUSTOMERS CONCERN WITH PHONE AS KEY WONT RECOGNIZE. PERFORMED RFA SELF TEST AND FOUND DC U3000:49. CHECKED FOR OPEN SERVICE ARTICLES AND FOUND SSM 51135. REPROGRAMMED RA MODULE TO LATEST SOFTWARE WHICH WAS SUCCESSFUL. TESTED AND VERIFIED PHONE AS KEY FEATURE IS OPERATING NORMALLY AT THIS TIME.

OP
OP
Henry Ford

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I ended up going the dealer route. I also bought a early build (March 2022). At first they didn’t have any idea what I was talking about. I directed them toSSM 51135 which I have seen on a few forums about the topic. Once the tech got it they updated the module and I had PAAK out of the gate.

Below is the write up on the order from the dealer if it helps.

CUSTOMER STATES PHONE-AS-A KEY FEATURE INOP - WONT RECOGNIZE TO CUSTOMERS PHONE ABLE TO VERIFY CUSTOMERS CONCERN WITH PHONE AS KEY WONT RECOGNIZE. PERFORMED RFA SELF TEST AND FOUND DC U3000:49. CHECKED FOR OPEN SERVICE ARTICLES AND FOUND SSM 51135. REPROGRAMMED RA MODULE TO LATEST SOFTWARE WHICH WAS SUCCESSFUL. TESTED AND VERIFIED PHONE AS KEY FEATURE IS OPERATING NORMALLY AT THIS TIME.
Thanks. I tried an end around way to get PaaK without a dealer but it didn't work. I think I'll schedule a service visit. I hate to do it because it wastes at least half a day but I don't see another way at this point. I've lost hope that Ford will push another update.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Henry Ford

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Does anyone have a link to SSM 51135? Google isn't working this morning.

HJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, F150 Lightning, DMG Mach-E GTPE
Beware if you have iWatch paired to iPhone. Bluetooth doesn’t play well when both are present and Paak won’t work.
I have had Paak from day one with my Lariat (August purchase) and always have iWatch paired to iPhone. Have not seen any significant issue (occasionally won't connect or won't connect quick enough but the Lightning is definitely better than the Mach-E).

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I have had Paak from day one with my Lariat (August purchase) and always have iWatch paired to iPhone. Have not seen any significant issue (occasionally won't connect or won't connect quick enough but the Lightning is definitely better than the Mach-E).
I have an older watch that only connects through my phone. When I look at bluetooth connections on phone with watch on and in the truck, I can see watch and truck (shown as last 5 digits of vin) alternating connected/not connected.
I figure that it’s a quirk of the software. I have to delete my phone from paak and reinstall.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Beware if you have iWatch paired to iPhone. Bluetooth doesn’t play well when both are present and Paak won’t work.
iWatch? Do you mean Apple Watch? I have the Ultra and have no problems with PaaK or the watch. Thankfully Paak works great, unlike the modem. I haven't had the keyfob with me since taking it home from the dealer.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
iWatch? Do you mean Apple Watch? I have the Ultra and have no problems with PaaK or the watch. Thankfully Paak works great, unlike the modem. I haven't had the keyfob with me since taking it home from the dealer.
That’s great. But now you know if you get no response for some reason, go into FordPass, delete your phone and reinstall. The cntl-alt-del of paak.

Sponsored

Mujenpwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning ER
After 3 months of OTA and dealer being confused I finally got PAAK today. I pointed them to SSM 51135! That did it!! Thanks for sharing this. It made my week.

Jer

First Name
Jer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Lightning Lariat,‘21 Bronco, ‘17 F350, ‘76 K20
Occupation
IT
I use my PAAK while wearing my Apple Watch everyday, have never had an issue, however, I agree it is not uncommon to have issues when having multiple Bluetooth devices connected to an iPhone.

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
After 3 months of OTA and dealer being confused I finally got PAAK today. I pointed them to SSM 51135! That did it!! Thanks for sharing this. It made my week.
Does anyone have any details regarding SSM 51135? Might this be a way to get PaaK on a Pro trim truck?!

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Does anyone have any details regarding SSM 51135? Might this be a way to get PaaK on a Pro trim truck?!
PAAK of only available on Lariat and Platinum. An SSM won't help.

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
PAAK of only available on Lariat and Platinum. An SSM won't help.
I was under the impression that PaaK was limited to higher trim trucks because of software not hardware.
Sponsored