• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Recommend a good shipping company or good way to ship?

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Can someone recommend a good shipping company or good way to ship? Looking at buying from Midwest and I am in South East. Made the mistake of filling out some form online and I keep getting solicited by drivers to make the haul. Looking for something someone can vouch for.
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Can someone recommend a good shipping company or good way to ship? Looking at buying from Midwest and I am in South East. Made the mistake of filling out some form online and I keep getting solicited by drivers to make the haul. Looking for something someone can vouch for.
I would talk to your selling dealer. They may have some good suggestions. Also, make sure your vehicle is insured for the shipment in case there is any shipping damage.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Both my friend and I used Montway auto transport to ship our trucks from Texas to PA. Their quote was more than half what the dealership wanted. No issues with them from either of us.

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Both my friend and I used Montway auto transport to ship our trucks from Texas to PA. Their quote was more than half what the dealership wanted. No issues with them from either of us.
Montway did alright for me too... AVOID MERCURY; they lied, made me sign an agreement, raised the price, told me I couldn't get out of the agreement and still took weeks to get the truck picked up and shipped to me...

NONE OF THESE COMPANIES OWN TRUCKS; THEY ARE ALL BROKERS/MIDDLEMEN.

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have heard both good and bad about montway. Ive used a local transport company/guy. Sometimes he does it himself. (He did my lightning enclosed from Ohio to Mass) but another time he just farmed it out for a minivan I was shipping.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I did the same thing, asked for quotes from a couple online sources and yes, the amount of solicitation was ridiculous. I ended up going with Mercury to transport mine from UT to southern AZ. I had a fantastic experience with them. The email I got explained up front that they are a broker and don't own or operate any trucks and that there are no guarantees until you and a driver agree on a price. I highly recommend checking out their site, there's a video that explains the process very well. My broker had great communication, was very helpful in negotiating a fair price for my route, and I signed nothing until I had a driver and an acceptable price. I only paid $150 up front to lock in the driver and the balance upon delivery.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
I did the same thing, asked for quotes from a couple online sources and yes, the amount of solicitation was ridiculous. I ended up going with Mercury to transport mine from UT to southern AZ. I had a fantastic experience with them. The email I got explained up front that they are a broker and don't own or operate any trucks and that there are no guarantees until you and a driver agree on a price. I highly recommend checking out their site, there's a video that explains the process very well. My broker had great communication, was very helpful in negotiating a fair price for my route, and I signed nothing until I had a driver and an acceptable price. I only paid $150 up front to lock in the driver and the balance upon delivery.

Was it insured?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Was it insured?
Yes...mostly. The driver (or the company the driver works for) provided full insurance for accidents. But it did not cover for rocks or anything weather related.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Get a quote for enclosed trailer.

OP
OP
ooSHAZAMoo

ooSHAZAMoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek Stuff
Thanks all! Dealer quoted about $4k, but says I can save if I pick. I will drive since I am doing a trade.

Skipdart

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I've used these guys https://www.a1autotransport.com/ before (last year) and would recommend them. No major issues and they seem like they've been around a while. I had the same experience as you as far as solicitations from some of the brokers I gave my info to. Best idea is to use a temp email acct and set up a google voice number so you're not bombarded with your primary ones.
Sponsored