• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Regenerative braking seems reduced over the past week

Lucky EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Ioniq5, ZeroS
Hopefully someday they realize that people have different tastes and make it user adjustable.
Easy answer is to just give us a toggle or method to select how much regen we want.
IMO Hyundai nailed It with their regen in the Ioniq5. Regen paddles let you adjust on the fly, four different levels of regen, including full coast. Also 1-pedal as well as “auto” which adjusts the amount of regen based on traffic.
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
IMO Hyundai nailed It with their regen in the Ioniq5. Regen paddles let you adjust on the fly, four different levels of regen, including full coast. Also 1-pedal as well as “auto” which adjusts the amount of regen based on traffic.
I would have loved paddles on the Lightning... even a +/- toggle somewhere would work for me, maybe on the shift handle?

Edit:
The manual mode +/- on the ICE 150 would have been a perfect use for this feature:
Ford F-150 Lightning Regenerative braking seems reduced over the past week 1663719406082

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Does anyone know how they handle regen in the winter ? If (some) people are already complaining that the regen is too aggressive I can only imagine what will happen on slippery roads.
I don't know if it has a "snow" mode but it would kinda suck if you have to flip it over to winter mode every time you start the truck. I suppose it could be handled by temperature, anything lower than 40 will give you a milder regen, but then again, why not just give the user the control, like the Ioniq (as someone mentioned).

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
This is the very real and very scary underbelly to these OTA updates and the havoc they can wreck.

Who knows what will get changed next? Will it be a good change? A step backward? We won’t know. At least there needs to a be really good change log!!!

When a website changes their UI it’s annoying. When my truck changes it’s driving dynamics, it’s dangerous.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Does anyone know how they handle regen in the winter ? If (some) people are already complaining that the regen is too aggressive I can only imagine what will happen on slippery roads.
I don't know if it has a "snow" mode but it would kinda suck if you have to flip it over to winter mode every time you start the truck. I suppose it could be handled by temperature, anything lower than 40 will give you a milder regen, but then again, why not just give the user the control, like the Ioniq (as someone mentioned).
From my Mach-e experience it is very very good in the snow. The traction control and Regen systems play very well together. Ford has this dialed in! We never had a situation where regen caused a slip or slide (you could probably force it if you tried, but we never hit it).

Sponsored

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
Newby here trying to read and learn. I do not own an EV.
My first post.
What is an OTA update?
Thanks

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Newby here trying to read and learn. I do not own an EV.
My first post.
What is an OTA update?
Thanks
Over the air update. Basically the Lightning can download software updates over the cellular network similar to how your computer or smartphone can.

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
Thank you. That is what I thought, just making sure.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This is the very real and very scary underbelly to these OTA updates and the havoc they can wreck.

Who knows what will get changed next? Will it be a good change? A step backward? We won’t know. At least there needs to a be really good change log!!!

When a website changes their UI it’s annoying. When my truck changes it’s driving dynamics, it’s dangerous.
Driving dynamics haven’t changed at all. The point where regen begins has changed and has actually made it better and less dangerous for the driver who’s tailgating you….

But yeah, Ford need the low and high switch

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yes, agree - wish Ford had put in regen paddles!

I come from 4 years driving a Honda PHEV and used the paddles religiously.

Regen starts out very low and as you shift, it increases regen.

That's the way my muscle memory works so the Lightning was totally opposite and the heavy regen is a shock to my driving.

Hoping Ford will put in adjustable / selectable regen for 1PD.

In the meantime, no 1PD, driving Sport mode gives a good regen without the abrupt/harsh 1PD.

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
I also preferred the one pedal driving before the update. Sigh.
Sponsored