• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Regular maintenance?

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Is FordPass ignorant or am I? why is it prompting me to to perform 10000 mile service on a lightning. there is no engine oil to change...

Ford F-150 Lightning Regular maintenance? 2A9F0913-3155-4C5C-813D-83E0307EEDD8
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
They are just looking for your wallet.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
They also check your coolant levels which is something we all should do apparently. Others on these forms have reported problems with their truck due to low coolant levels, more than likely from a leak in the miles of coolant lines.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Is FordPass ignorant or am I? why is it prompting me to to perform 10000 mile service on a lightning. there is no engine oil to change...
You are. ;)

Maybe, just maybe, because that's the maintenance interval, as shown in FordPass and your manual? [shrugs]

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Here's the relevant page from the owners manual. Takeaway is that you really don't need to do much maintenance besides rotating/replacing tires and doing some inspections.

20,000 miles - air filter
3 years - brake fluid
10 yr/150,000 miles - electric motor fluid
200,000 mile - battery coolant

I'll probably test the brake fluid at 3 years and do my own air filter replacement. Other than that the truck shouldn't have to see a dealership for 150,000 miles for any scheduled maintenance with is great. Random things will occasionally break just like any car but certainly the days of bringing in your car every 10,000 miles for a servicing are long gone. It's part of the reason why dealerships have been hesitant to switch to EVs, because there should be a lot less revenue from the shop side.

Ford F-150 Lightning Regular maintenance? Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 12.08.40

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Here's the relevant page from the owners manual. Takeaway is that you really don't need to do much maintenance besides rotating/replacing tires and doing some inspections.

20,000 miles - air filter
3 years - brake fluid
10 yr/150,000 miles - electric motor fluid
200,000 mile - battery coolant

I'll probably test the brake fluid at 3 years and do my own air filter replacement. Other than that the truck shouldn't have to see a dealership for 150,000 miles for any scheduled maintenance with is great. Random things will occasionally break just like any car but certainly the days of bringing in your car every 10,000 miles for a servicing are long gone. It's part of the reason why dealerships have been hesitant to switch to EVs, because there should be a lot less revenue from the shop side.

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 12.08.40.png
I’ll let the dealer take care of my tire rotation and have a look every 10K. We don’t have the big tire chains here that provide free rotation, and I don’t trust the local shops not to damage the battery when lifting. Not yet anyway.
The 10K service on my Mach-E was $14.

OP
OP

neririn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 MachE
Thanks all for the feedback. I indeed had not thought of tires as maintenance performed at the dealer. 🤦‍♂️

i am curious, has anyone seen data on wear life expectancy on the brakes?

My Mach-E seems to use regen so much the brakes seem nearly brand new even after 18 months.

Reactions: GDN

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Thanks all for the feedback. I indeed had not thought of tires as maintenance performed at the dealer. 🤦‍♂️

i am curious, has anyone seen data on wear life expectancy on the brakes?

My Mach-E seems to use regen so much the brakes seem nearly brand new even after 18 months.
I haven't seen data but my guess is brakes are a lifetime item if you use one pedal driving. I bet you run into less common brake issues like seized pistons and caliper parts before anything wears out.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I haven't seen data but my guess is brakes are a lifetime item if you use one pedal driving. I bet you run into less common brake issues like seized pistons and caliper parts before anything wears out.
Actually, it makes no difference what drive mode you pick, because the brakes are regenerative until you get to the last part of the stop. All modes have the same efficiency.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Actually, it makes no difference what drive mode you pick, because the brakes are regenerative until you get to the last part of the stop. All modes have the same efficiency.
What can matter is how you drive. If you go full speed and wait to slam on the brakes at the last minute, you‘ll engage the mechanical brakes every time.

Again, regardless of drive mode.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Don't forget tires. With the high torque we are pushing, we might go through tires a lot more than a normal F150.

I=V/R

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightening, X5d, 328d
Occupation
retired
What can matter is how you drive. If you go full speed and wait to slam on the brakes at the last minute, you‘ll engage the mechanical brakes every time.

Again, regardless of drive mode.
There is an alert that pops up every time I use one pedal drive to give me a pat on the back for timing my stop perfectly. But I still use 40 kWh every 100 km. meh.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Don't forget tires. With the high torque we are pushing, we might go through tires a lot more than a normal F150.
Plus the additional weight.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Plus the additional weight.
It has a lot to do with driving style. If you like to hit it hard and love the feel of literally “burning rubber”, and you brake hard, you’ll definitely go through tires faster than normal.
Sponsored