• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
This morning I received a message that Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 had been updated in my Lightning Lariat. In the description of updates, it is indicated that Remote Pro Power Onboard Control has been added that allows you to turn the Pro Power Onboard outlet on and off using the FordPass App.

I opened the FordPass App and see noplace within the App that allows for turning the Pro Power Onboard outlet on and off. Has anyone else received the update and found where within the FordPass app the outlet can be turned on and off?
Sponsored

OP
OP

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
That will likely also require an update to the app….which probably is not yet released.
The power-up only does what’s needed in the truck.
I was thinking that was probably the case. I did verify there were no updates to FordPass App after receiving notification of the software update to the truck. Hopefully that update comes out shortly. I was expecting to see the Phone As A Key update, but it was not in this update.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
This morning I received a message that Ford Power-Up 3.5.3 had been updated in my Lightning Lariat. In the description of updates, it is indicated that Remote Pro Power Onboard Control has been added that allows you to turn the Pro Power Onboard outlet on and off using the FordPass App.

I opened the FordPass App and see noplace within the App that allows for turning the Pro Power Onboard outlet on and off. Has anyone else received the update and found where within the FordPass app the outlet can be turned on and off?
I received the 3.5.3 update today butdo not see the pro power controls in Ford pass. However I do now see scales and smart hitch. CarPlay cannot be on for this to work and you can control from Ford pass or sync screen but not both at same time.

WoodduckMN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt, 2013 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Manager
I’m wondering the same thing.

Sponsored

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Same thing, I’m very excited about this, as I have been using pro power quite a bit.

Still waiting to be able to use pro power without the truck having to be on, because it is a royal pain to have to turn off the radio, turn off the climate control, and then have my phone want to route a call back through the truck every time it rings using wireless CarPlay.

My truck just got updated to 3.5.4, and I noticed that the vehicle power down timer setting was removed. I’ve gotten used to having to toggle that as well when using pro power, because it seems to keep resetting to “on.”

Has anyone else had this issue with the vehicle power down timer?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Same experience as OP, waiting to see if APP version update (yet to come) will enable this function.

PiMatrix

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Same thing, I’m very excited about this, as I have been using pro power quite a bit.

Still waiting to be able to use pro power without the truck having to be on, because it is a royal pain to have to turn off the radio, turn off the climate control, and then have my phone want to route a call back through the truck every time it rings using wireless CarPlay.

My truck just got updated to 3.5.4, and I noticed that the vehicle power down timer setting was removed. I’ve gotten used to having to toggle that as well when using pro power, because it seems to keep resetting to “on.”

Has anyone else had this issue with the vehicle power down timer?
Do anything special to get 3.5.4? OTA truly seems to be random event with a little witchcraft thrown in. Read that parking brake had to be on as well as other things. I did get an update after that but who knows…

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Do anything special to get 3.5.4? OTA truly seems to be random event with a little witchcraft thrown in. Read that parking brake had to be on as well as other things. I did get an update after that but who knows…
No idea. Seems very random.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I got 3.5.4 yesterday and the app shows Pro Power Onboard but because it's connected by Cellular, I can't control the power. Sitting in the truck, I had to manually connect Bluetooth on my Iphone but the app still show it connected via cellular and won't give me access to Pro Power settings. I'm guessing that one day it will just start working (and probably stop working the next day).

Sponsored

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
My app updated and include controls for Propower onboard.
Ford F-150 Lightning Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3 Screenshot_20221101_112418_FordPass

GoGoGadgetTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition, 2022 Lightning Platinum
somebody somewhere on here stated that the power down timer always resetting to "on" was a deliberate feature, not a bug. I don't recall the source, just that it was in the context of setting up a fake "pet" mode.

that's not the same as losing the setting completely mind you. as I don't have 3.5.4 yet (I don't think), I can't validate this for you.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
I got 3.5.4 yesterday and the app shows Pro Power Onboard but because it's connected by Cellular, I can't control the power. Sitting in the truck, I had to manually connect Bluetooth on my Iphone but the app still show it connected via cellular and won't give me access to Pro Power settings. I'm guessing that one day it will just start working (and probably stop working the next day).
Yep, I got my 3.5.3 OTA update this morning which included the Remote Pro Power control and the wireless CarPlay/ Android Auto screen resizing features.

The following instructions for the Remote ProPower controls in FordPass confirm a Bluetooth connection is required to remotely turn ProPower ON/OFF…….
Ford F-150 Lightning Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3 CBA2966A-8477-4FD6-9844-E8B112A62081

yed19

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2012 RR Sport HSE
The only thing this does so far from what I was able to test is display current draw and power left in the truck in range. Does not allow me start or stop the front or rear outlets, etc... I did notice that it will not show the outlet if you remote start the car with something plugged in. I.e. I think you can start the car and pro-power may be on, but then you would have to plug evertying in. Car still has to be on I believe though. Some more detail on this capability wuld be great...

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
The only thing this does so far from what I was able to test is display current draw and power left in the truck in range. Does not allow me start or stop the front or rear outlets, etc... I did notice that it will not show the outlet if you remote start the car with something plugged in. I.e. I think you can start the car and pro-power may be on, but then you would have to plug evertying in. Car still has to be on I believe though. Some more detail on this capability wuld be great...
You have to be connected to the truck via Bluetooth in order to control ProPower…..otherwise, you can only monitor the Sit/Stat……….
Ford F-150 Lightning Remote Pro Power Onboard Control - Software Update 3.5.3 CFCEEB3D-D036-4641-9DB4-9E4B1396201D
Sponsored