• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Retail orders to start delivery next week?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I listened to the InsideEVs podcast this morning and @tommolog said his understanding is that retail orders will start hitting dealers next week. I hope he's right! Let's get these trucks on the road!
Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
I was watching their most recent video too - and they said they thought their truck would show up in the next couple of weeks. Makes me think someone tipped them off as you're saying.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I listened to the InsideEVs podcast this morning and @tommolog said his understanding is that retail orders will start hitting dealers next week. I hope he's right! Let's get these trucks on the road!
I hope that's true...we're over two weeks from the "launch."

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I was watching their most recent video too - and they said they thought their truck would show up in the next couple of weeks. Makes me think someone tipped them off as you're saying.
arenā€™t all the first weeks builds expecting our trucks in ā€œthe next couple of weeksā€ ā“nothing ground braking that statement. Not trying to be a clown. technically theyā€™ve hit their promise of spring 2022 - just not for us.

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Anyone live near the Rouge? Are the trucks leaving the parking lot yet? :ROFLMAO: I keep telling myself, relax, you will get it when it gets here - unfortunately, I am not having any luck convincing myself to be patient.

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Anyone live near the Rouge? Are the trucks leaving the parking lot yet? :ROFLMAO: I keep telling myself, relax, you will get it when it gets here - unfortunately, I am not having any luck convincing myself to be patient.
Exactly, all of us chip in $1.00 that adds up, then do a drive by. Take a drone, do a low pass and scan some window stickers. Sure some kid on TikTok/YouTube would be happy to perform this service.

thegangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2017 Model S
Ford should let me pick up my truck from the factory, they can keep their dang destination charge and I'll save the hassle of waiting while they find a truck to put it on.

Ruination

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 EcoBoost
Occupation
Chemist
Ha, meanwhile I'm hoping for a little delay so I can find a new job to justify buying this truck.

My wife starts with my current company next week and all of a sudden the lightning isn't paying for itself with only 5k miles a year.

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
I'm going to need SunRun to kick it into gear.

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
I do and was told this on twitter from Farleyā€™s team:

ā€œHI, thanks for your exciting order. Do you have a business, we do drop ship vehicles for larger fleets. For single purchase we have to a-bid by Michigan Law that requires delivery thru dealers. Jimā€

Sponsored

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
Hint, hint.... ;) :D

A YouTube channel that is local to the Electric Vehicle Center @ Dearborn, Michigan would get a load of Views, Likes, and Subscriptions if they did daily short flyovers of just the Lightning staging parking lots, test track, the vehicle carriers loaded, and the rail yards.

So, we can track the progress of the deliveries of the F-150 Lightning to the Dealerships.

Like they've been doing with the construction of the Tesla Giga Texas factory.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Here's where in the video Tom mentions "Monday" being the day they start showing up. Who knows where that info came from? ( :

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Hint, hint.... ;) :D

A YouTube channel that is local to the Electric Vehicle Center @ Dearborn, Michigan would get a load of Views, Likes, and Subscriptions if they did daily short flyovers of just the Lightning staging parking lots, test track, the vehicle carriers loaded, and the rail yards.

So, we can track the progress of the deliveries of the F-150 Lightning to the Dealerships.

Like they've been doing with the construction of the Tesla Giga Texas factory.
If it was still hockey season in the D, I would totally do that. Not over there enough right now to justify the drive.

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
I drove by the Rouge this morning for a nice drive as Iā€™m local and it had been awhile since Iā€™d been over that way. Hoping to tour the ICE assembly factory again soon, not sure if they will do tours of the EV Center.

Lots of ICE F-150ā€™s rolling out of the plant and headed to the area where they go on the trains. I did see a fair amount of Lightnings parked near the main parking lot of the Electric Vehicle Center but none rolling. The parking lot near the EV Center is super covered up from the road so really hard to get a good look as I didnā€™t want to drive onto private property but attached a couple of pics. Looks like some silver and dark grey Lariat/Platinums based on the tailgate light bar and a white XLT pro, based on the regular tailgate sans lightbar. I couldnā€™t really see the wheels.

Also spotted a few very covered up large SUVs - looks like an Expedition or Navigator to me but I had never seen the all white camouflage before. Couldnā€™t see an exhaust pipe but the bumper was pretty well covered.

After thinking about it, it looks like a Navigator to me and my thought is the fancy Navigators just get better protection while in transit, hence all the white covering around it. Thoughts?

Ford F-150 Lightning Retail orders to start delivery next week? 3C2167F1-89BC-4915-98FD-40BAAA8ABEF3

Ford F-150 Lightning Retail orders to start delivery next week? 9B51109A-6514-46DA-91D8-49C385F99037

Ford F-150 Lightning Retail orders to start delivery next week? 358EF0E1-42BD-4B6A-9479-49DD91E373C8

Ford F-150 Lightning Retail orders to start delivery next week? A5F0AC16-0AD9-4395-989B-F36609985A41

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I wonder if they are actually working thru the weekends, or is this just photos without any plant being in operation at the moment?
Sponsored