• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Roof Tent, Garage Clearance

vvgogh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning ER
It would be nice to get the Go Fast Camper Platform Camper. Sadly, it looks like it's two inches too tall to clear my garage entry. I measure the bed rail to floor height varying from 54.5625" to 55.625" depending where on the bed I measure (the floor isn't quite flat and the weight of this truck might be exacerbating this somewhat). The Go Fast Camper website says the height of the platform camper is 30.25" (although, in the FAQ, they describe the tent thickness as 6" and comparing the non-tent platform's 23.664" to the platform camper is an extra thickness of 6.586", so I guess they are marketing rounding that down.)

Do I just add the ground-bed rail measurements to their stated camper height? 55.625" + 30.25" = 85.875"

My garage looks like the entry clearance varies from 82.5 to 84.375" (floor is not flat). So, I'm a couple of inches shy.

What are the most cost effective ways to make-up the that clearance to retain the weather and UV protection of the garage? The vehicle has stock 275 60 R20 General Grabber ATS, a diameter of 33". 275 50 R18 would have a diameter of 28.8" which lowers the radius by the needed 2". I haven't looked if compatible smaller tires exist. But, smaller outside diameter tires would permanently compromise the 8.9" ground clearance. Is an air suspension an option on a vehicle that didn't originally have one? That sounds expensive.

Is my garage entry overly short? What is your garage's entry clearance?

At least the non-tent roof height would fit. And the vehicle (barely) fits in length-wise.
Sponsored