• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

precab

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Fiber infrastructure
New RV trailer EV with battery packs to augment EV tow vehicles. Also see this will trickle down some day to most of us into RV's. An obvious down side is all that trailer battery space has to limit holding tanks. Good to see this kind of innovation as I killed by Lightning reservation and bought a F150 Powerboost since charging stations are not set up for trailers yet.

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...-trailer-revealed-game-changer-for-ev-camping
Sponsored

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning XLT SR - 5/30 Build, ICE F150 XLT Sold
Occupation
R&D
One way to RV flat tow a Lightning! ;)

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
well, 4-down towing certainly ain't this... this is trailer towing.

it's a shame you have such a big truck, and yet you have to haul around 'another' truck... what a waste. That's also a lot of work - it ain't nearly as 'easy' making all that 'work' for travel and camping as most of us might assume, including backing, having enough 'room' to unload the extra truck, etc. Most campground would never be able to accomodate this type of setup, although most of us are enamored with it.
I also wouldn't want to know what the fuel cost is.

I traveled for years in a diesel motorhome, towing a small car 4-down, and know a little about 'navigating' the travel and campground and fueling around the country, including Alaska.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
I have a dealer asking me to put my order in for the Lightning, but i am seriously nto beleiving this thing can tow my 7000lb trailer more than 100miles.. sigh.

I really want to go electric,!

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I have a dealer asking me to put my order in for the Lightning, but i am seriously nto beleiving this thing can tow my 7000lb trailer more than 100miles.. sigh.

I really want to go electric,!
Just buy one and try it. Probably won't tow more than 100 miles but you'll probably make a profit selling it within a year.

Sponsored

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
Just buy one and try it. Probably won't tow more than 100 miles but you'll probably make a profit selling it within a year.
Expensive gamble lol. Planning on doing a 2000 km drive so that's about 15 to 18 stops at about 45 mins a peace lol.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Based on the testing that’s out there for EV towing so far, the ER will tow 7000 lbs well over 100 miles unless you have a sail attached to the trailer.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Based on the testing that’s out there for EV towing so far, the ER will tow 7000 lbs well over 100 miles unless you have a sail attached to the trailer.
Not in Canada in the winter!

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development