• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Scheduled charge never started

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I would like to thank @Ford Motor Company for my cold drive into work.

Plugged in yesterday about 4pm. Charge Schedule starts at 11. Woke up this morning to remote start my truck to go into work and it didn't start charging until I hit the start button in the app.

By the time I left, I had 115 miles worth of range showing for a 100 mile commute. Drove 50 miles with only the seat heater on. Can't wait for my drive home.

You guys really need an email address or a website to report software bugs.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
It’s happened to me three times. First time my truck got an update after I plugged it in, so I chalked up the missed charge due to the update messing with things. Second time was the day after another update. Didn’t make sense but I let it slide. Third time I have no explanation. The odd thing is I would normally let my truck get down to 50 miles so it would actually start charging before my preferred time in order to reach the target level. It would start to charge, then pause when it determined it could make the rest of the charger during the preferred times, then never restart during the preferred window. Now I just don’t let it get as low and also have raised my target to 85%, that way I have enough for the next day’s commute if it skips again. I’ll keep documenting but it seems like it is happening to many of us.

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Use the report function on the Sync screen
I'll have to look for that tomorrow.

I made it back home with 24 miles remaining. I didn't have to use heat on the way home because the sun warmed the cab up. But this is totally unacceptable.

I wonder is this is happening to the Mach-E?

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
My truck failed to charge again last night. I even made sure all the settings weren't wrong on the ap and truck.

Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Last night I plugged in at a low state of charge. Truck started charging as it wouldn't meet my 85% setting within my preferred window 12am-6am. Fine. I checked the status before I went to bed and the truck had stopped charging and gone into "deep sleep" mode. No notifications or warnings, but now I'm wondering if it has been doing this before and that's the reason for the missed charge windows. Still scratching my head.

I woke up the truck, unplugged, plugged it back in and it charged during my preferred time last night. Not sure what would have happened if I hadn't noticed. Also strange that it went into deep sleep since I had driven it earlier in the afternoon.

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Well, it happened again. Plugged in at 8pm and scheduled charge never started at 11.

The good news is I got 2 mi/kWh on my drive into work. The bad news is I achieved that by not having any heat, no heated seats and no heated wheel on a 30 degree day. Not to mention I had to drive slower than usual and I was almost late for work.

Now I have to stress all day hoping I can get home because @Ford Motor Company is too cheap to put chargers outside of thier own factories.

@Ford Motor Company you better get your software teams to start fixing all these nagging problems or your quality rankings are going to get worse.

granfaloon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
This happened to me for the first time today. I plug in every night with a scheduled charge window, this morning I see that it just didn’t charge. And I didn’t notice until I had to leave because I haven’t had FordPass connectivity for the last month because of the modem issue.

Pretty ridiculous for a brand new vehicle @Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
This happened to me for the first time today. I plug in every night with a scheduled charge window, this morning I see that it just didn’t charge. And I didn’t notice until I had to leave because I haven’t had FordPass connectivity for the last month because of the modem issue.

Pretty ridiculous for a brand new vehicle @Ford Motor Company
Funny you say this today. I plugged my truck in last night about 7:30 after getting home from dinner. Go to bed about 10 pm because I have to go to work in the morning at 6. I woke up around 2 am, and I don't know what made me do it, but I opened up FordPass to discover it never started charging at 11 pm.

I feel like I have an $80k baby I have to watch. Totally unacceptable for this stuff to happen.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I’ve had this happen 3 times since getting truck back. I’ve had the truck since June, scheduled charging, never a problem. Truck died in December and then while it was in for repair the updates happened (I have to go find the versions I think it was 4.1.2, I was on 3.5.5 when it died) and now I’ve had the schedule charge fail 3 times. I thought it was something I was doing. Truck is on 4.2.1 currently. At least I’m not alone 🤣

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I don't know if this would be of any help, but maybe the current scheme is corrupted by a recent update!!??

Make sure your mobile device is no longer connected to the wireless device projection SID, this happens automatically after truck is shut down and door opens. I've found that this connection interferes with network communications on some apps including Fordpass.

While the truck is off, delete the charging schedule from Fordpass.

Start the truck, confirm the schedule is gone from the Sync-4 screen, if not delete from the truck as well.

Shut off the truck, assuming your not at 100% SOC, plug the truck in, it will start charging immediately, now you can recreate the charge schedule.

Go to the charge screen, Input the time and SOC % via the sync screen, make sure to input details for one time event on both weekday and weekend, make sure the schedule is active, exit out of the charging menu, shut off and exit the truck.

Start Fordpass, confirm the charging settings you input on the Sync screen are visible and selected as "Use prefered charging settings" assuming all looks good, hopefully the next charge event will kick off at the appropriate time.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I don't know if this would be of any help, but maybe the current scheme is corrupted by a recent update!!??

Make sure your mobile device is no longer connected to the wireless device projection SID, this happens automatically after truck is shut down and door opens. I've found that this connection interferes with network communications on some apps including Fordpass.

While the truck is off, delete the charging schedule from Fordpass.

Start the truck, confirm the schedule is gone from the Sync-4 screen, if not delete from the truck as well.

Shut off the truck, assuming your not at 100% SOC, plug the truck in, it will start charging immediately, now you can recreate the charge schedule.

Go to the charge screen, Input the time and SOC % via the sync screen, make sure to input details for one time event on both weekday and weekend, make sure the schedule is active, exit out of the charging menu, shut off and exit the truck.

Start Fordpass, confirm the charging settings you input on the Sync screen are visible and selected as "Use prefered charging settings" assuming all looks good, hopefully the next charge event will kick off at the appropriate time.
You missed step 3:

”Wave a dead chicken!” 😂

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I've only had a preferred charge session fail to execute a couple times over the last 7 months.

Really have to wonder what the big mystery is with this operation failing for some of you folks?!?

A) the settings are on the Fordpass server "in the cloud"
B) the settings are on the mobile device
C) the truck has a copy of the settings

I would expect the truck to autonomously follow it's last received instructions without regard to being able to check in with either the FP cloud or the mobile device app before following through on the intended plan of action!!

That's my logic, Ford ~seems~ to have programmed it to depend on reliable communications before executing the plan, when that fails, (communication to the truck is interrupted, cloud server offline or mobile device out of touch) then we see the failure to execute the plan.

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Happened again last night. Plugged in about 9:30 pm. Scheduled charge didn't start at 11pm.

Thankfully, I can get two days of commuting out of 85% charge. But this is getting very frustrating.

@Ford Motor Company, you make an excellent vehicle. But your software is crap. I would have thought with all the tech people you've poached from other companies that this would have changed by now.
Sponsored